The most unbalanced thing in the game right now (Civilizations on Water Maps) and Variety to make it more interesing

Even if we nerf those civs bonuses, they will still be the civs with the most useful water bonuses and will be the only ones picked, it doesn’t fix the underlying problem

Why micro wars are boring? because I can’t play well?
I Dont understand.
Current fire galley wars have no fun point.

1 Like

Changes I want to make:

• Docks can garrison ships and ships are repaired inside.

• Fire galley burn ships (5 hp decrease along 10 second (infinity in Byzantines due to greek fire) which they attack and also other ships start to burn in 3 seconds next to burned ships.

• Cavalries 2, Siege Weapons 3 and Elephants have 4 garrison space.

• Ships 5 times stronger, expensive like 500hp, 400w 200g and 5 pop, garrison 5 units and contain 5 crossbow, fire 5 crossbow arrow with +1 range, (total 10 garrison). Ships get 30% speed on deep see.

• New ship called corsair ship 250 hp, 250w 100g. It contain 3 corsair, fire 3 arrows (35/45/50 hp and 6/9/13 damage, 1.05 speed in Feudal/Castle/Imperial) and 3 garrison in addition. Its speed is 1.65 but it doesn’t get extra speed in deep sea. Corsair get 50% gold and 20% other resources from units they killed (they get 10 gold from villager 22 gold from champion, for instance).

• Ships get extra crossbow arrow with every 1 crossbow garrisoned. Melee units also give extra arrow but 50/40/30% of their melee damage in feudal/castle/imperial age. For instance, 5 garrisoned Man-at-arms obtain 6x5/10x5 = 15 => 3 arrows. 5 Champions obtain 13x3/10x5 = 3 arrows again.

• Boarding ability is added. When 2 or more are board each other, garrisoned units start to fight. Winning side capture enemy’s ship. Ranged units gain 200/250/333% melee damage of their range damage. For instance, arbalest obtain 6x10/3 = 20 melee damage but they still die to champion. In conclusion, in arrow fight, Archer line beat militia line with large margin but in boarding, champion beat arbalest and can capture other ship.

1 Like

many of these things are aoe 3 , like garrison in docks and much strongerm and expensive ships. i have seen this, i have played it, i prefer aoe 2 water battes by a mile. i thin kthese changes go in to wrong direction

I think that’s too different from AoE2, I think it’s best to expand on how the game currently works instead of completely change it like you propose