The multiplayer system just sucks

the time of day you are playing can also have an impact on your matchmaking.

u are wrong. After 7+min of waiting “Quick play” founds any game momentarily. (it’s the same threshold when a PRO(2.4k) will be matched with 1.7k
So ELO system used for Quick Play

Can you tell me your source for this statement? I dont think any elo is used. I have the following reasons:

1. This is based on my own experience. I got into some games within 1 minute, while there was a 700 elo+ elo difference.

2. I see very bad match ups at aoe2.net. Just an example i posted some days ago. These examples are pretty much common.

1. The devs have stated Quick play is unranked. I know lobby is also unranked, but based on aoe2.net it doesnt look likes quick play has impact on the stats of Unranked. So i assume they meant: Quick play dont use any elo at all.

You statement of what happened after 7+ minutes of waiting in the queue (for ranked and quick play) is new to me. What seems to happen is that when queueing time increase, then also the searching range will increase. So for every minute in the queue, the searching range become bigger and bigger. So after for example 7 minutes, even 1.7k players become available for the pros, so the get matched togehter. That is something different then found any game. So this statement is also new info from you. So could you give me your source for this as well?

Where were some discussions earlier, for example:

Suggestion: Wait on queue until it finds opponents of similar rate - #6 by PhoenixNomads

Also any pro requeuing before 7 min for the same reason. (check any pro stream in the late night or just ask them )

They could just do the real “hidden” ELO. Also, i could not “snipe” Battle royal games. (if there are no ELO than should be easy to snipe BR games).

Everything is my personal experience: need some games to calibrate ELO, after that everything start to work as ranked queue.

I read nothing about the 7 minute rule in that thread. What i do read in that old thread is about some bug in the past. In April they fixed that issue:

Oh, i know pros requeue a lot after a certain amount of time. I wont deny this at all. But in my opinion that isnt because they can be matched against EVERYONE (which you claim), but they can also be matched against 1.7k players (which then become available in the searching range for the pros in the matching algorithm). They still cant be matched against 1.0k players. They need to be in the queue for even longer to have them also available. I can understand that pros dont want to play against 1.7k players and so they will requeue after about 7 minutes.

The fact that pros requeue around 5-7 minutes doesnt prove they can be matched against everyone after 7 minutes.

I played multiple BR games and the winner was clearly also the best RM 1v1 player. The skill gap between the best and worst player was most likely above 1000 elo (RM 1v1).

If there was some real hidden elo, you can still guess the such elo based on the matches in match making. In my previous post i gave an example of an unfair match. I also had a look to their history and used my knowlegde about how the Elo system is implemented for Ranked and Unranked. Based on this and my other three points in my previous post i come to the conclusion there is no real hidden elo in use for this game mode.

In the end i still havent seen any kind of proof for your claims.

use hotkey: crtl+F

Let’s do math: 2500 can be matched with 1700 = (25-17=8). So 1100 can be matched with 1900 or 300, it covers literally 99% of players.

i just provided info but could not understand it for u.

The best? Was it Hera or Viper? and he could just play the “first game” in BR.

anyway, i’m writing here in hopes that Topic will be notices and EW will be included in ranked.

And i will never understand low elo people like you who have to no clue about the game and enjoy playing other maps. If you aren’t happy with the fact that after 20 years Arabia became chosen the best map of all, then go and leave the game

And you shouldn’t also be able to climb picking one civ over and over and not going random, yet here we are.
This post is the stupidiest I have ever read.

I dont see any proof in that thread at all. Read the thread fully. Used ctrl+F too. Yeah, they mention some 7 minutes as just a number after they just requeue. But that doesnt proof you can be matched against everyone after this time at all.

Also this math doesnt make much sense. The claim was that a pro is able to match to everyone. Clearly that isnt true.

Highest RM 1v1 rating of all players that are part of the BR game. Lets look at an example. We have a BR game with 8 players. They have the following RM 1v1 ratings:

Then the final standing is most likely also this. The 1800 player will win, the 1600 player will be 2nd, … There arent really many surprises. Sometimes you end you with some players around the same elo. They might change position on the ranking, but that is most likely all. Or things like the 1800 clearly wins, so the 1600 player gives up his hopes and just quit while in top 3, so the 1400 elo player becomes second. Thing like that happens, but is all.

That would be a good suggestion. We agree at this point.

Please do not bump topics more than a few months old. Archiving this old topic.