The new patch broke my hotkeys

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 87863
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

This may not affect anyone else, but there was a change in how hotkeys work, and now the hotkeys that I’ve been using for years don’t work.

I use the “Select Group #20” hotkey to unselect anything I have selected (since I don’t have anything in the control group #20). But in the new patch, this doesn’t work anymore.

My whole hotkey system depends on this because I have a lot of repeated keys.

For example: if I have the archery range selected “D” creates an archer, but I also use “D” to go to the stable. So, to go from the archery range to the stable, first I unselect the archery range (space bar) and then hit “D”, but unselect doesn’t work anymore, so the same combo creates an archer instead of going to the stable. This happens with everything, I use “F” to select all TCs, but F is also attack move for military units, so I need to unselect the military unit before going to the TC.

TL;DR: My hotkey system depends on the “Unselect” action, which doesn’t work anymore in the current patch.

I think “Esc” also works as “Unselect” but it’s not customizable.

Any advice?

This may not look critical but for me, it means I can’t play the game anymore, I’ve been using these hotkeys for years and I’m too old to learn new hotkeys.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Set a hotkey for “Select Group #20
  2. In the game, select something
  3. Press the “Select Group #20” hotkey (Control Group #20 shouldn’t exist)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

In the previous patch, this unselected the current selection.
In the current patch, it does nothing.

1 Like