The Papal Guard politician needs to be looked at

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 13.690
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
For French and Germans, the description of The Papal Guard says “Guard upgrades for Crossbowman and Hand Infantry can be researched very cheaply” for the civs that have access to xbow, pike and a different hand infantry (Halbs/Doppels). However, the guard upgrades for xbow and pikes are actually free in the game and only the aforementioned hand infantry get a 50% discount on their guard upgrades. Could use a proper description change for those civs. Also, keep count of the total amount of resources granted by this politician (2400 resources for both xbow and pike guard upgrade + 600 resources for hand infantry guard upgrade = 3000 resources)

For Portuguese, the description is same as the previous civs and just need to be updated. They get a free guard pike and 70% discount on royal guard xbows and 50% on guard halbs. The total resource count amounts to 3200 resources, which I think is fine and needs no change.

For Spain, they get free guard xbow upgrade and a 70% discount on their royal guard pike upgrade. I know this change was made to address the xbow pike FI in a patch long time ago, but I think it needs some adjustments. This does not make the guard upgrade for Rodeleros cheaper and I think it should. Just make both pikes and rods get a 50% discount on their royal guard upgrade and it’s totally 3200 resources (2000 for both rods and pikes, 1200 for xbows) instead of the current 2600 resources. This doesn’t affect the previous intended change in any way.

And lastly Swedes, they don’t even get a guard xbow upgrade. What for? All other civs with access to xbow and pike are granted their guard upgrade using this politician. Swede only gets a free royal guard upgrade to their pikes atm. 2000 resources. Nah, I think you should give them guard xbows. It’s just to make this politician somewhat viable. Grant them free guard upgrades for both xbows and pikes, since they don’t have any specialized hand infantry. It should be 3200 resources now. Please take this into consideration and thank you for your time.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a skirmish game
  2. Age to the Industrial Age from the Fortress Age while selecting The Papal Guard
  3. Voila

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I have made a detailed summary about it in the Issue Experienced section.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
N/A