The playerbase is dying and these are the reasons

units getting stuck is one of the less urgent problems. the game crashing for atleast one player every other game is the problem. go ahead and try it out, you will have a lot of fun

hahaha we have the same problem over at AoE2 :smiley:

Growth is important, you are right. But you do want to keep your older playerbase alive as well. There is only a limited pool of people interested in RTS games, compared to other genres like FPS. So the maximum potential for growth is not that high. So you want to try and reduce the rate at which your existing playerbase dissipates, otherwise growth won’t keep up with the decay.

Moreover, if people keep getting frustrated and leave bad reviews about a game, growth is not exactly going to be easy. It’s one thing when someone leaves a game because they’re just no longer interested/find new hobby, nothing can be done to prevent that (and those people dont tend to leave neg reviews), but you want to keep people from getting frustrated with the game itself and leave with frustration and negativity, as that can dissuade potential players from buying the game altogether.

1 Like

finally someone gets it :smiley:

Or your explorer gets stuck building a Trade Post on a trade route and you’re pretty much dead from there on :rofl: or even worse half your cavalry army gets stuck and is free to be picked off by enemy archers or muskateers. :joy:

1 Like

Over 500 ranked games myself and noticed the past 60 days my graphics card gets crazy hot when playing, did they change something or make it more demanding? Thought my card was just going bad

1 Like

I think its pretty mind boggling that stuff like shift clicks and tp building has been messed up this bad. The original game didnt have those issues, which is kind off weird why DE has them and still has them since release.

Not to mention pathfinding, so many times I select an army to defend but 1 of the 50 guys cant get unstuck or some bullcrap and the entire selection doesnt move, really annoying when you have to move big armies and attend eco at the same time seeing your teammate getting attacked, thinking you send your army to then see critical seconds later his base is on fire because pathfinding was downgraded from the original game.

3 Likes

I wish they just upgraded the graphics, the UI, added the 2 civs and moved to the dedicated servers. Everything else stays the same.

I’m a treaty player too. (Rank<15 at treaty)
Almost all problem Which I get.

The delayed freeze of the picture is the most unacceptable but its keep happening.
I find it’s usually happened with pro player ‘s game, the game which have many unit, building, and walling.
And it’s relatively rate on the game which play with new player.
I think the new player don’t know how is the game working , so they can’t get the “delayed freeze”.

I have GTX1070 when AOE3DE appear on the market, Oct,2020.
My PC can handle all of my need but without Aoe3DE.
To get the better game experience , I upgraded my computer.(GTX1070 to GTX3070)
My friend upgraded theirs computer too, we get same model of 3070.

Here is a list with ours upgrade:
A: ( i7-7700k+GTX1070) —>i5-10400+GTX 3070
B: (i7-4770+GTX1060) —> same cpu+GTX3070
C:(i5-3225E+GTX950) —>Ryzen R5-5600X+GTX3070

Although we use the same graphics card, but Intel’s desktop keep have bad experience, and AMD Ryzen desktop can avoid the freeze problem.
We always play together and connect with discord.
And it’s ironically, when player A and B complain and curse “come on, freeze? Dame! no more again?!” ,the player C (Ryzon desktop) can run the game smoothly.

I hope develop team can face this problem seriously, why AOE3DE is a AMD games?
Thanks.

3 Likes

That would make the game unbalanced as F. In AOE 2 almost all civs are the same, but in AOE3 they are so different and requires a lot of time to know them properly.

This game already has a dying playerbase, so it needs more people, not balance, right now.

AoE3 needs as many civs as it can get.

3 Likes

Not necessarily, I feel that the devs should really consider getting 2 players from 4 different ELO and testing new civs and buffs/ nerfs to see if they are good for the game or not, for example 2 2000 elo ( pro players) 2 1500 elo (slightly above average players) 1250 elo ( average players) and 1000 elo ( bad players)

2 Likes

The more civs a game gets, the more pigeonholed they are. We saw when they added TWC and TAD. This tendency is unstoppable now.

SC2 has only 3 factions and it’s fair better than AOE.

Starcraft 2 is a dead game now, because the devs stopped adding monetizable content (races, campaigns…).

AoE is based on History, and History has MILLION of factions.

Really? Because when playing SC2 ranked games I don’t wait for more than a minute searching for players. AOE3 takes up to 15 min !!! searching for a single game !!!

AoE2 has even more civs, and you have even lower waiting times.

It would be great to have more players but I wouldn’t worry too much about the playerbase “dying” in the mean time. AOE3 has been alive and well for over 15 years. I can’t see it dying out any time soon.

9 Likes

We know AOE4 will be released soon.
Which will people choose if these people still remaining in AOE3DE love new stuff.

I feel like aoe3 is just going to die when aoe4 comes out but there will probably be maybe 1000 ish active players even after aoe4 comes out

1 Like

As much as we want more DLC after the African one comes out it is not likely. All focus will be on AoEIV with both AoEII & III slowly being left behind.

Doesn’t aoe4 have a different dev team? I think aoe4 is made by relic games

1 Like