The random civ option should be improved

What should happen to the random civ option is that it should no longer give players on the same team, the same civs because it doesn’t feel random if the random option is giving duplicate civs to players on the same team. So, because of that, improvements should be made to solve this.

3 Likes

Random is random, and obviously random involves the same result as others. If not, it wouldn’t be random.

3 Likes

So you want it to be less random so that it feels more random?

AoE 2 random avoid duplicate civs in a match unless you choose the full random option

1 Like

Conceptual randomness is not necessarily what people want. People want variety, which randomness, due to its nature, is not always able to fulfill. This is nothing new, and there is a long standing history of random options in games featuring a smarter design that allows for variety as opposed to actual randomness.

Getting Delhi 3 times in a row may be “random”, but that isn’t what players usually want when opting into random civilizations. They likely want to get three different, non repeating civilizations for variety.

2 Likes

Maybe add an option to modify the civ pool for random civ.

1 Like

I’ve been using a third party RNG to determine a civ between the 6 I normally play, it would be nice to have this as an option in-game. Also for hosting all random custom lobbies: something to keep mirrors from happening, I just like feeling variety!

1 Like