The sick Obsidian missiles UT

As you know by the new patch has come, they mentioned that the Obsidian arrows don’t do double damage to stone walls, towers and gates and they didn’t mention the castles.

Well whatever, from long time ago i wanted to wrote a post about how sick this UT is. Imagine you are playing a game 1v1 and you dropped a castle on your opponent base, but that castle was killed by only 25 xbows, yes 25 xbow ate the castle, it is not funny you know, it is not funny at all how sick this UT is. Generally, this UT should never be able to eat castles, towers, stone walls or even do this big damage against buildings.

My suggestion:
-Remove the bonus Obsidian arrow attack completely on stone walls, castles, gate and towers.
-Decrease the attack bonus from 6 to 4 against buildings.
-Increase it’s UT cost

How about we let like 5 days pass from the balance, then see if it’s really still annoying?

4 Likes

But they didn’t change the bonus, it is still 6 attack vs buildings they didn’t change it and they didn’t mention the castles

and? defend your castle. use actual units. besides it requires more then just having obsidian arrows to pull off what viper and mbl did.

3 Likes

It is not about defending or attacking it is about how sick this UT is!!! This is totally ridiculous and insane!!!

1 Like

its a tech that applies to exactly 1 unit line in the game. on a civ that has realistically 3 offensive options.

2 Likes

And has no cavalry

And is an archer civ

4 Likes

And yet broken, the saracens were having half of it and it was broken, even if this UT need a castle to research but it is not hard to get a castle and research it

I mean the +6 vs buildings is the same, and they said double the attack but it still do damage, and they didn’t mention castles

and it got nerfed, so stop calling for it to be nerfed before changes can be tested further.
my god if you had your way, Mayans would have no options to do anything with. nerfed obsidian arrows, nerfed eagles, what options would they have left?

3 Likes

Prepare your self on my CA posts again casue they didn’t fix it and eagles too :rofl::rofl::rofl:

clearly they don’t think those units need buffs/nerfs.
just because you feel something is wrong doesn’t make you right.

3 Likes

Even the pros said the CA is trash for now, and about Eagles as i said they have many broken points

Castle age needs a little love. Hca needs nothing.
Eagles again disagree. Easier to kill then a knight, and swordsman wreck them

1 Like

Get arrow upgrade for castle?

or just defend the castle with units.

2 Likes

You are someone very annoying, I have found you in 5 different posts and in all of them you demand that the meso civis are nerfed in some way or another, either nerfing the eagles, either nerfing their unique bonuses or directly taking away the few advantages that them They make playable … this smells more like a hatred of those civilizations than real proposals, learn to defend yourself against them, or rather, learn to play …

This time you have exceeded the limit and that is why I answer you, they have nerfed both Aztecs and mayas in the last update and still you keep complaining, I repeat, learn to play!

2 Likes

You say the “pros” think CA is bad, then make an angry post because the Viper (with help from another top 5 player) used Obsidian Arrows, alongside a stacking anti-building bonus with the Saracens to it’s maximum effect in a request to nerf it, then ignore the fact that Viper went mass CA versus Liereyy as Huns, G1of Champions League GF. And won. Versus Chinese.

Because if they’re so bad, he wouldn’t use them in tournaments. Maybe you only care about what the “pros” play when they confirm your biases?

6 Likes

Stop whining and start playing. That’s my takeaway.
Devs should always provide civs some options against certain types of units or certain situations, whether it is good or bad. That’s why we have obsidian arrow for mayans as sort of a replacement for mass siege.
Whether you like it or not, obsidian arrows won’t go away for a few more months. The game is not made for you and I’m glad you guys demands are largely ignored by the balance team.

6 Likes