The state of balance as of may 2021 ( tier list )

Man, everyone put my Russians on the lower places o the tier.

I don’t know if I should get mad or should stop playing this shittie civ.

2 Likes

Russia is decent if you can force your opponent into a long age 2, unfortunately the meta seems to be leaning toward semi ff, Russian age 3 is still okay, Cossacks are still great units, cav archers are decent, Strelets are very cost effective, Russian units are good, it’s the economy that makes the civ bad.
I remember a tournament game, kaiserklein was Russia and he managed to do very well by doing the standard 10 strelet 5 Cossack rush, then he trained a few more strelets and musketeers, and went up to fortress before 10 minutes, got a solid 2 tc boom out of it, and was able to use the power of Cossack+ strelet to win the game. Maybe that should become the standard build Order for Russia. It seemed pretty powerful, but anything can seem powerful in the hands of a pro player so we’ll just have to see.

I will have to disagree.

The economy of Russia is okay-ish, thanks to settlers being trained faster than the other civilizations. The problem with Russia are the bad units. You generally have a power spike of 3 minutes on age 2, and if don’t do enough damage to your opponent, it’s just become that game when you have a okay economy and bad units.

The Cossacks + Strelets are one of the builds, but I don’t like because I don’t like Strelets. I always send 700 coin as first shipment and spawn a lot of Musketeers, and at least in my experience, this build seems to gave a stronger timing on age 2.

But I don’t know, Kaiserklein is a better player than me and he probably has some reason to do that build.