The Stealth Mechanic and its Counterplay

Pfff… that would be very good, but at the same time very op xd…

Impractical given the iteration you suggested it would be nearly impossible to have that 1 specific unit survive multiple engagement without it alreadu being an overwhelming favored bout and even still whos to say the unit that killed the enmey would survive?

IMO a bounty system similar to Rus where by a unit type getting a kill goes toward special unlocks for that set of units. Say for a similar example to yours if spears get a total of 100 kills they get a barracks upgrade to become eagle knights which gives a 15% movement speed boost and allow them to chunk their spears up to 2 tiles and of course a reskin!! This way instead of getting veteran spearman and elite spearman you’ll get veteran eagle knights and elite eagle knights once you unlock and research the eagle tech!!

And they can play with the kill count and have the per unit bounty constantly displayed so you know how much moee you need for said unlock.

This includes villager kills. Raiding the enemy eco would be double beneficial.
Also if the units get slightly stronger with every kill then the chances that they can get multiple kills increase.
Let’s say a Spearman gets +1 attack and +10 HP for every kill and after 3 kills he turns into an Eagle Warrior that not only has +3 attack and +30 HP compared to a Spearman but is also faster and has a ranged javelin attack.

Having a “kills” bounty system could also be a very cool idea.
Maybe “kills” could even be a resource. Elite units like Eagle and Jaguar Warriors cost “kills” to train.

Both would make sense for the Aztecs maybe even at the same time.

Or maybe make it a double edged sword. You have to get kills or else you will get negative modifiers. This would force you to be aggressive.
Or potentially kill your own units to get the counter to go up.

Warrior Priest would get the sacrifice ability that kills one of your units but gives you more then one “kill” in return.
Warrior Priests would also give 2 “kills” for killing 1 enemy but they aren’t strong fighters.

Even though I dislike your ideas I do like us and eveyrone else sharing multiple ideas b/c they do at times take ideas from the community such as having the Chinese Imperial Academy train IOs and having HRE start with a prelate with 100 less gold!

so everyone share share shareeeeee.

I think otto will already have some kind of kill bounty given they get buffs for military advancements? (the spokesman didn’t say what the military advancement were?).

It was confirmed today that Scouts and Outposts reveal stealth units.

4 Likes

Yes, it was logical…

1 Like

So having a scout in your army totally denies the ambush unit , I can see that this new unit won’t be that effective at high level play.

The civ is design for ambush and does NOT like prolong battles so it’s already a loss if the warrior and waiting in ambush main armies? Meanwhile reinforcements and far resources will suffer from ambush, or do you think high level players will be able to afford the APM and resources to tower all their resources and have a scout everywhere? When they don’t even do that now consistently! Heck some of top level play never build walls!!

I disagree when they only use three groups for units and the other groups in buildings, they do not have a group for scout

they almost never use scouts to battle …

1 Like