The trigger effect 'Own Fewer Objects' doesn't work as intended

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I intended a Shore Fish to be regenerated after it is exhausted, but it doesn’t work. I guess the trigger doesn’t recognize the Shore Fish as an existing unit.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Set a Shore Fish on a shore terrain.
  2. Set a Trigger for regeneration
    [Trigger 0] – Off, No loops
    C#0. Timer (10)
    E#0. Create Object (Gaia, Shore Fish, at the Shore Fish already set)
    [Trigger 1] – On, Loops
    C#0. Own Fewer Objects (Gaia, Shore Fish, 0, at the Shore Fish)
    E#0. Activate Trigger (Trigger 0)
  3. Check on the Test mode.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Once the Shore Fish is exhausted, then another one is supposed to regenerate at that place in 10 seconds.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

(I set another effect of Display Instructions with "Fish Exhausted for better recognizing.)

(The Shore Fish was not touched at all, but the effect of regeneration is activated.)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Currently all terrain objects like trees, gold mines and shore fish don’t belong to Gaia. So using owns fewer objects doesn’t work as you would like them to be. For me, your trigger#1/C#0 is always true.

What you desire can be achieved more easily by setting the dead unit ID of shore fish as shore fish. To do this, create a trigger with the following effect (to be fired once at the start of the game)
Effect: Modify Attribute
Source Player: Gaia
Object List Type: Others
Object List: Shore fish (Item ID 69)
Object Attribute: Dead Unit ID
Operation: Set
Quantity: 69

This will cause any dying shore fish to spawn a new shore fish.
(As an example of how Dead unit ID works, think of the dead unit id of Konnik pointing to dismounted Konnik)

Edit: Another method to achieve the same effect is to modify the “Amount of 1st resource storage” attribute instead. You can set this to a large number. Note that this will not affect any existing shore fishes. Only newly spawned ones using create object or dead unit ID will have the increased amount of food.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! I still learn many new things.