The TWO REAL problems in AoE2:DE

Im answering this post not only to give my opinion but to keep this kind of threads active. Excuse me for my bad english.

I started a thread like this not long ago, and the situation its exactly the same as you described here.

Regarding your Problem 1:

As someone who owns an old PC, this kind of crashes tend to happend, but i do agree that this “rage quitting” thing its annoying. I think that after a rage quit (Alt F4) happens, in the
“60 seconds to start”, people should get a time ban, like 10 min or so, but not involve ELO points, because it wouldn’t be fair for those who accidentaly disconnect and also, it has nothing to do with skill so no points should be awarded, but in the same time, it would make less tempting for those who exploit it because of the waiting periods. Even more, if the quitting hapens on consecutive times, the ban should last longer each time. Things like this already exist in other online games.

Regarding Problem 2:
I absolutly agree.
I don’t think its possible to have a system that rewards (and discounts) ELO points in the same amount and not having an smurfing problem. Because you see, in other games, like Chess.com (or the older AoE 2DE system), when you win a 20 games streak (or even less), your clasification skyrockets in order to place you as fast as possible with your same lvl competition… I don’t mind that the whole comunnity isnt equally balanced/distributed and according to the gaussian bell distribution, i want a game that can offer a good matchmaking service.

Last, but not least, this kind of problems make the game annoying for those who stand in the 1.000 ELO bracket in 1v1 and also in the whole 1000-2000 TG RM (just where the new players start the game) and this its particualiry serious because in order to a gaming comunity to grow, the experience of the new players must be pleasant, and with the current situation, this is not happening at all.