The year is 2030

You got me. XD

I do play civilisation 1 to 6, but it do not mean that i don’t play age of empire 1 to 3, and soon aoe4.

Don’t think you are the only one playing age of empire serie, it will be a great mistake.

… AoE4 sold well, made money, got a few DLCs and people played it for a couple of years and then went back to AoE2, to play with the Montagues and the Capulets (the Shakespeare DLC). (Ugh)

(The Montague unique unit is called a Romeo and it can scale walls without a siege tower and the Capulet unique unit is a Juliet that does poison damage.)

Now AoE4 has a dedicated but small playerbase, like AoE3 did in the 2020’s.

AoE5 is being set in the ancient period. It is still going to be very much like AoE2 and will be familiar to AoE2 players, but in a few years, AoE5 will also have a small and dedicated playerbase and most people will go back to AoE2.

2 Likes

What ? [Charecter Limi]

You know, I imagine people will be bumping into posts from these forums on Google in 2030 and will have a blast reading all our clueless predictions.

Imho, judging both by the civ naming convention they went with and the way they are approaching AoE2 and 3 DE, they will be flooding AoE4 with DLC before giving up on it. I think what we have now are the bones of AoE4 and that they plan to build on it for years to come, similar to how Paradox approaches their games. They are asking for a full price though, so I hope at least we’ll not get paid cosmetics DLCs (Paradox sells their base games way below market price to get you invested, and then bombards you with DLC).

1 Like

aoe 5 would come out in 2025,considering that Relic games take 4 years to develop…

I wouldn’t bet AoE V would be made by Relic, tho. Being a classic Microsoft franchise, they would probably be aiming for some own studio to make it (the previous lack of RTS experience in current Microsoft studios is what brought Relic to scene for AoE IV imo).

And that’s if AoE IV is a big success only, of course… and if it is, they will work in DLCs/expansions for a few years before thinking in AoE V… so maybe 2030 is more accurate than 2025, unfortunately.

1 Like

I think that maybe they will launch it but in 2025,in 2029-2030 and there they take advantage to do it today from the belle epoque until the end of the cold war and fossil fuels and the beginning of the Martian colonization in the 2030s…Microsoft is also interested in buying Relic, so it is likely that it will end up buying Sega xd…

Indeed, current trend is to stretch the lifespan of a game with DLC for as many years as possible, unless it becomes unprofitable.

1 Like

Damn this reminds me of my 2030 AoE2 DE DE post

If AoE2 has 99 civs , I don’t think it will survive very long, let alone how it even got to that stage .

I think the code of aoe 2 only accommodates 50 civs no more…

48 is the civilization cap.

Ah then there are 6 civs no more,which gives you for three more dlc…

There are 9 more slots.current 39 empty 9 adds up to 48.

Ah I thought the game had 42 civs (including Poles and Bohemians)…well then gives for 4-5 dlc…

2030 : AoE4 has 50+ civs. New civs are way stronger than previous civs at their release. The game has evolved a lot and got several graphics dlc. The season 9 is about to start, English and HRE got reworked to make them a bit more competitive.
World championship will be played in New York, cashprice: 2.5M !

No one would like it, it is not AoE.

You are rigth!

Sory for my impudance.

Have a nice day.

The games you want are Empire Earth 1 & 2 and yes, they definitely need a remaster.

2 Likes

Yes, those games are great in their own right. But they are not AoE