There will be a good multiplayer server?

Will the DE games have a good multiplayer server? with quick match search, lobbys, ranks, ladder, reconnect system, custom games, clans, etc…
I just don’t wanna pay for new graphics, coz then I will just play it for a couple of minutes, and secondary not native programs like voobly just plain suck.

I believe it will be using the matchmaking services that are used for the Xbox one. I know they are excellent,

Simple answer yes.

Yes, Please, Dedicated Servers and a good matchmaking system that is all we want!

Yes, I am sure they will have a multiplayer service. One of the key attractions for all age games were the active multiplayer rooms with ratings.

I also hope they have an easy LAN feature. Sometimes one just want to play some local LAN games.

@Asgard as some people have already pointed out the game will use Xbox live for multiplayer as stated in the trailers. However AOE:DE is not comming to the Xbox One.

from experience with Xbox servers, i can with a 90% certainty say yea. Dedicated servers, hosted in US and EU i would believe :smiley: So do not worry about that :smile:

Xbox live is one of the best servers right now. The multiplayer community is going to be great for this game!

Recorded game, clan support, ranking system and a nice lobby system is mandatory !!

It would really depend but I doubt they’d be spending the money to host servers ofr MP. It would make more sense to have users be servers for other players, and use matchmaking to get users together.

with quick match search, lobbys, ranks, ladder, reconnect system, custom games, clans, etc…

Note that all of the above is different than having “Multiplayer Servers”

Yes but if they use windows servers we will probably pay xbox live gold

@DeckTester said:
Yes but if they use windows servers we will probably pay xbox live gold

No, xbox live gold is only for Xbox videogame users. PC Multiplayer is free to play.

claro que sí, mejorando la plataforma

MP will be free and it will use Xbox Live - I assume it will have matchmaking, a server browser as well as some sort of ELO ranking.

Thats was nice :slight_smile:

They need to bring a multiplayer platform unlike any other they’ve released in previous versions.

Yes, that’s why it is getting released on Win 10 store. All of AOEs will be using Xbox live servers, they are very reliable since I have experience with it.

Yes - taking all of xbox features (hoping it includes the arena as well!)

I am assuming there will be dedicated servers to replace p2p.

There better some dedicated servers for MP. It would make sense if they are intending on re-invigorating the franchise, considering AoE II and AoE III will all have DEs coming out in the next few years, at least.

Given that they are pushing the Windows 10 thing for some app/xbox live, then I’d expect dedicated servers for the multiplayer. And we have to use some account for it, so it will probably be tied into their system.