Things that should be added to the game for a new success game.

I think that the game would be best with gates to begin with. In addition to this rams to balance it out, anyway rams existed in the ancient world. Also, we need far higher pop limits to make the game up to date. Last thing, unique units would be awesome it would make the civs more different and more like aoe 2 in the past, one of the best age of empires. If there is trouble about finding the historical units for the civ, i think some guessing would work, like, for the chosons, some kind of oriental-looking swordsman with some special thing, dunno. Also, a barbarian invasions expansion would be great in addition to rise of rome. Like, add civs like huns, goths, gaul, germans, vandals… Also, an antic americas expansion after with civs like olmecs, toltecs and mayas. This would be really fun with these updates,
have a good day :slight_smile:

no it will be sux i played aoe1 in voobly for 10 years or more i think that will totally kill it

Please do not import ideas from aoe2 this will kill the game (i have 15 years of aoe1 experience and I still play it)
I’m not against new textures for boosted units like chosons’s legions but not new unique units

@Drakkath3000 said:
I think that the game would be best with gates to begin with…Last thing, unique units would be awesome it would make the civs more different and more like aoe 2 in the past, one of the best age of empires.>

This guy is asking for a Remake of AoE2 i guess. So go to steam look AOE HD and buy it, cause it exists already.

AoE is different than AoE2 if you wanna make AoE=AoE2 what would be the reason behind it just other graphics and different named civs.
It should have different gameplay etc. otherwise guys will stick at AoE2 cause there they know the Balance there is already a community etc.

New game should feel like a Remake not like a Transition to AoE2 in my opinion. I would not buy a AoE to Aoe2 Transition cause I alrady own it and I dont Play AoE cause of fancy graphics or what so ever… SO pls give me a polished AoE and i am happy to give you my money

Gates? Possibly. I don’t really care too much about this though, but maybe it would be better without, to stay true to the original. Unique units? ■■■■ no. I want to play AOE. If I want unique units, I will play AOE II.

I know aoe2 HD was sort of a disappointment but we need to treat this as a chance for aoe1 to shine in the spotlight, not just convert it to aoe2 HD2. The only thing I hope they carry over is walk-able farms, even if it does take away from some of the sim city tactics of the original. Having them solid just feels odd from a thematic perspective. Other than that I hope they keep it pretty much vanilla, with changes only done to quality of life improvements (auto harvest etc) and balance (sorley needed, would build chariot archer again)