Thinks I really hate about DE's Artstyle

@Cybertox said:
I must say that despite the fact that some of the assets were remastered extremely well, there are certain things I really hate about the Definitive Edition and how it “modernized” certain assets.

The interface is atrocious, I really hope its just a temporary placeholder. In the original game, each Civilization had a unique interface with its own pattern outlining the culture and style of the said civilization. Icons were clean and distinguishable as well as very fitting. The icons in the DE are just plain crap, the do not fit the gamestyle, the are oversized and some buildings look more like upgrades than actual structures.

Berry Bushes. What have you done to the crisp and fruitful berry bushes from the original? Why re-use a revamped berry bush asset from Age of Empires 2 which looks just like a random bush and is indistinguishable from regular map foliage? The ones from the original were very easily distinguishable and would give you a sense of accomplishment once finding them cause of their appealing art style. Your job is to simply remaster already existing assets, why re-model them or recycle them from other AoE instalments?

Roman Architecture. What the hell have you done to it? Why does it look exactly like Greek architecture, it re-uses the exact same textures.

The colour intensity of players is totally messed up and looks hideous, especially blue. The shading and intensity is what completely messes it up, the original had good colouring of players where as the DE does a very bad job at it.

The fire placement and animation on buildings is beyond bad too.

Definitely points to consider before releasing the game.

I agree all of them.
As I get old like original AoE, my eyes get too fatigue to play long with such graphics. I have difficulty to distinguish gold and stone, berry and forest, clicking units.
And if there is a way to zoom in and out, please let me know.