This is what happens when you release a game missing features from previous titles

Yes. 100%.

Yes. 100%. Among other 100 other incomplete, missing, or lacking stuff. (Most of which was resolved in previous games.)

5 Likes

You cannot prove Aoe2 either buddy so as you said your numbers were also made by ā€œAirā€

AOE4 has held consistent with PVP players since launch (actually more people on that than the first week atm). The reason numbers dropped off is because all the PVE players left, whereas AOE2 has a lot of solid singleplayer content.

I have my doubts that the main reason for the gradually falling numbers are the features mentioned above. That is not to say that these features are not important -they are- but the game is faulty to its core and becomes tedious, repetitive and boring quickly. For all that it tries to do, AoEII already does better. And for all that it doesnā€™t, thereā€™s still the vibrant AoEIII, thereā€™s AoM, AoEO and many other games out there. What does this game have to offer to the older experienced fan of the franchise? It doesnā€™t stand on its own as an original Age title with its own character and direction, like every single other Age game before it. A failed potpourri of random features cobbled together and sellotaped to stay still. What a bitter disappointment.

7 Likes

buddy is your daddy. use api and check urself, 5 min of work or 10 hours if you can not code.
iā€™ve even provided code.

1 Like

I mainly use player tracker on top of True Achievement which both monitor users on GamePass

But you can also deduce from sales these numbers

Sales of Memberships
Microsoftā€™s Xbox Game Pass service grows to 25 million subscribers - The Verge.

Sales of consoles compatible with Game Pass over 200 million.
Xbox Series X|S vs Xbox One Sales Comparison - November 2021.

Slowing down of sales of PC graphics card (despite demand from crypto miners)

Game pass sued for charging inactive users (base PC or console unspecified)

when you compare it to their financial report and lack of Console sales during the chip shortage its growth slowed down Microsoft 2021 Annual Report

overall MS thinks that PC gaming will be its new growth base which is why they bought out Activision for, but they fail to realize most people wonā€™t sink in more than 25 hours into GP catalogue games a week on any medium that is not a phone. (Which is why EA Games separated FIFA from its gambling trading card game FUT and made it mobile app playable. The decline of its quality of Game Consoles titles (including FIFA, Battlefield, etc.) is shown year after year, while its mobile market is prioritized above all else.)

3 Likes

if those of aoe2 are back, Iā€™m glad to know that aoe4 has its own niche, the people of aoe2 can only aspire to keep their numbers, nothing more!

Iā€™ve been saying this since day 1. They called this game AoE 4 but in practice itā€™s more like a reboot. And not just a reboot. But a beta version of a reboot. If youā€™re releasing the 4th version of a game, the expectation is that it will have everything its predecessors had and more, with maybe some exceptions for removed features that no one used or didnā€™t make sense anymore due to design changes. But we know thatā€™s not the case here because a number of these features that were missing have been announced for future updates.

In my opinion, they screwed up pretty badly here and if they want to right the ship, they ought to beef up their development team and start fixing bugs and adding features much faster than they are now. Because this monthly schedule of minor patches and seasonal schedule for ā€œbigā€ updates that donā€™t end up adding a whole lot compared to what previous games have had is going to kill this game.

But, I doubt thatā€™ll happen. In any case, Iā€™m having enough fun with AOE2, so whatever.

6 Likes

I guess they were too busy being creative with their own title:

Game looks like garbage though. Iā€™ve played starcraft, AOM and AOE2 waaaay back in the day. I have zero desire to go to AOE2 mainly because Iā€™m not going to relearn an entire new/same game just because of hotkeys. AOE4 is fine to play. It definitely needs some work, however the game plays fine.

Having to get ships is annoying on water maps. Plus it seems like there is only one way to play the game. Which is defensive counter in Feudal and go for an earlier Castle with aggression and upgrades. Then maybe the game goes into Imperial depending on opponent.

an thats why ppl are raging like aginst that attitude. u re letting companies to make low quality products like aoe 4. you can say its fun but 1 thing its the fun factor and other thing are the thing they promised for the price we re paying for it.

1 Like

games a pile of ā– ā– ā– ā–  right now. Even pros like Grubby went back to warcraft3 or whatever

That lovable pencil neck still plays the game. He was just on lastnight.

However, something like 1200 of the top 1500 names on the 1 vs 1 ladder have gone mostly inactive.

A lot of them play with friends only or jump between games.

I mean, you donā€™t have to like the game.

But Grubby released a Delhi guide 15 hours ago and did a stream yesterday with AoE4 content. So at this point you are simply trying to justify your opinion with lies and deceit, which is hardly a basis for good discussion.

OnT. Trying to interpret numbers is rarely a good indicator of good/bad games. Simply what some people like or not, if we would compare to other games, the player numbers are quite low across the series.

No matter if I play AoE2, 3 or 4, I wish the best for the series as a whole. Trash talking communities or invalidating the playerbase that loves AoE4, 2 or 3, serves only to internally damage the communities and games. Pick the game you like, give constructive critiscms towards the things you donā€™t and stop being rude towards other players and devs.

he released ā€œIā€™m BACK! | WC3 | Grubbyā€ 10 days ago.

itā€™s good indicator that people less interested in the game currently.

But you keep yourself in delusion believing that everything is OK. Even more bigger illusion that this forum somehow affect overall situation. -No, it does not.

99% were said even in Closed Beta butā€¦

1 Like

And he released 15 videos of AOE4 after the ā€œIā€™m BACK! | WC3| Grubbyā€ video, so it isnā€™t really all that relevant is itā€¦ Or do you have a different way of interpreting other peoples opinions. He hasnā€™t backed out or left AoE4, in fact he released one video 3-4 hours ago from the time of this reply.

Stats can be an indicator that right now less people are playing it. That is about it, some are less interested. Some people are simply waiting for new patches and/or content, Iā€™m not less interested in it. But I donā€™t play it regurarly, but I would happily return when there is news surrounding it. In the end, does it matter? Not really.

Is it ok? Absolutely is. There are people enjoying it and currently playing it, do they have issues or bugs they find annoying, absolutely. Is it ok, yup.

Do the devs read the forums, yes. Do they implement or find fixes from that info, yes. Are there bugs or issues that take longer to fix, yes. Is everything you find important relevant or a priority, no. There are bugs that have appeared that werenā€™t in the closed beta, some were not discovered until later. Saying 99% were already said during the beta, is the same as 9/10 doctors recommend, quite useless and made up statistics.

You can be as antagonistic as you want, it is fine.

I didnā€™t know about the video and I checked it up, as to have the correct facts. Which part did offend you?

What is the toxic part? You decided to call me delusional, remember, I responded with nothing about your state of being, other than that you are acting rather antagonistic.

As I previously stated, Iā€™m very much interested in the game and Iā€™ve invested about 120 hours into it and would gladly get myself into more. Simply waiting for a few patches etc.

but accepting aoe 4 as the salvation is even worse as you re accepting an low quality products in the franchise. Constructism critisism no longer works as the lack of communication from the devs to us happens 24/7. so only whinning is the only thing left.

Why do you need to accept it as a salvation?

Also low quality to whom? You? That is simply a opinion. From the 22.711 players that reviewed the game 87% is positive according to statistics from Steam. Some of these acknowledge bugs etc, which are present.

But it seems hardly low quality.

bugs, bad designed civs (civs that are basically cookie cutter. this is not aoe 2. the other ones that are decent designed have some inconsistency in balance vs other civs are worse designed. almost every matchup in age 3 is reduced to siege, knight and some archers/xbows ), popularity=/= quality, most ppl already left. those facts tell you about the state of the game and why it sux for a lot of ppl.