This patch Balance Changes are incredibly UNDERWHELMING

well to be fair, meso just got nerfed. except inca.

2 Likes

Because they are top tier civs (mayans and aztecs). Removing supplies from chinese is good, because chinese is a top tier civ and might need some nerf aswell, but for all the other civs, I don’t see the point of removing supplies. It was a nice adition in this game.

2 Likes

i think you hit the nail on the head

@AlightJewel1130 you just post some seemingly randomly inspired noob buffs (+2PA on ALL stable units, boar, HC no longer archers ROFL GTFO), insult almost everyone who remotely disagreees with you, and fail to justify almost anything properly… you even go so far as to contradict yourself, and insult top tier players/streamers simply for stating their opinions (eg Hera)

i wont even contest the boar, or +2PA, but if HC were no longer archers, how on this planet earth would weaker cav/archer civs ever deal with massed HC(iaw the ones that relied on skirms, “hey goth bro, you’re basically ROFL stomped when i get my HC going”)… it gets even worse, you want a turk buff of 2PA, better jans/HC, AND making them not archers… how OP would that be? and with zero justification…

further examples, huns already struggle vs incan death ball (this was already discussed on this forum) and now you want to make that death ball even stronger (and you decide to only look at the eagle, what about the players who are struggling vs the kamayuks, that multiple players hve proven can rek like crazy?)

and finally you yourself said the devs dont care about this forum, then WTF are you contesting anything anyway?

1 Like

i would have rather seen the time they spent nerfing mayans and aztecs, and removing supplies, be spent instead on buffing underwhelming civs like Turks, Koreans, Portuguese, and etc.

Mayans and Aztecs will still, at the end of the day, be solid civs, which are popular with the playerbase. meanwhile civs that have been all but ignored for a long time now, will still be ignored.

5 Likes

@phoenix1089
If you think proposed balance changes in this thread are random then I’m pretty confident that you have played less than 100 competitive 1v1s or you’re low skilled and you’re talking about balance like you are not.
Mind sharing with us your steam nickname that you’re currently using to play the game? Don’t worry, I’m not going to personally shame you for you elo.

You might love Hera for his personality - at least I do, I love his energy and friendliness. He is a skilled aoe player that surprises us with his micro and quickwalls.
Unfortunately his knowledge about technology tree is lacking to say the least. Him stating that current balance is perfect is incorrect.
To be honest I believe his goal is to make devs concentrate on pathing right now. It’s understandable cause melee pathfinding is still extremely unreliable.
It’s pretty easy to change the cost of something for a specific civ or have a civ starting with more of anything or have a tech available to them. It shouldn’t really take so much effort to implement few - yet important balance changes.

Yup, my first post was opprobrious on purpose - to create some traction. There’s a lot of people who disagreed with me in this thread and I didn’t mentioned them cause I value their thoughtful opinion. At the same time some people said everything is wrong and nothing makes sense - similar to you. Stating ridiculous opinions about current balance.
Some of them would even go as far as saying those civs (Koreans, Portugese, Italians Saracens, Magyars, Turks) are in a perfect spot for 1v1 Arabia. I did answer them to let them know that they do not have enough skill or/and knowledge about the game to understand the reasoning behind those changes.

Hopefully to have been listened to this time.

Lack of communication from devs creates a feeling of NOT being heard. That includes me, you, everyone on this forum and the whole community.
If there was better communication between devs and playerbase I wouldn’t have opened this thread.

Best Regards,
RediRodion

I doubt you could do better than Hera, though.

did he actually state this? that’s kind of sad. anyone can tell Turks, Koreans, and Portuguese are laughable in the meta right now. and Italians are weak on land.

and current balance is perfect? when was the last time you saw a civ other then Italians or Vikings on a true water map?

1 Like

I never said I would have beaten him in a 1v1.
That’s not what I’m saying. Not at all.

Most probably out of 100 games I would lose 100 to him, just like you would to me :wink:

i mean don’t get me wrong, hera is obviously a stellar player, but he has proven to overreact to patch notes before, or under react.

2 Likes

He did say that “the balance is good now” on one of his streams, when someone asked him about his opinion about changing something. Take into consideration that he says a lot of things on his stream in the moment. You might want to ask him yourself in the chat what he thinks about the current balance and share it with us.

But let me clarify - I’m not trying to shame him, he’s a skilful player but as well cool, extremely funny guy.
It’s just that the way he talks about the balance bothers me.

I sometimes hop into his stream “just chilling”.

he is absolutely a skilled player and i completely agree that he shouldn’t be shamed, but yeah, to say balance is in a good spot is questionable.

is it better then in the past? yeah. but some civs are seriously hurting and water diversity is completely lacking.

1 Like

Nice try being sly, but that still is a weak attempt.
Call me when you are top 3 best player.

I have been saying the same for a long time.

@JonOli12
Hmm…, it seems like you were the one who used the argument that I cannot beat Hera.
Believe me, I don’t want to talk to you even right now.

But don’t worry, most likely I’m not going to be around in this forum for too long.
I will use this time to play more 1v1s and enjoy the game, not the tech-tree.

You still cannot beat Hera, so I do not know why you act so smug about it.

These forums are for discussing the game. If you are not interested in discussing the game, maybe this is not a good place for you.

1 Like

Keep discussion on-topic as it relates to balance changes.

5 Likes