Thoughts about marketing

exactly, sucks we can’t say anything. Hopefully the game will speak for itself.

3 Likes

What open beta? They have only had a closed beta as of yet

yeah i think they meant closed beta.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, this was discussed in some thread on this forum. But another beta was said by a person from Relic, which one it will not be known, most likely it will also be closed. If it does exist at all, then (as mentioned above) we should find out about it soon.

1 Like

Yes, there is a thread asking about a possible open beta but there hasn’t been one announced yet

1 Like

I’ve played every single AoE game at launch (and been playing most of them on and off for those two decades, though mostly AoE2). I’ll also usually look for new stuff in the RTS (also other kinds of strategy - turn-based, 4x and such) genre every now and then to check out because that’s always been my thing.
Honestly, if it wasn’t for my current activity in AoE social media (reddit, youtube, twitch etc) - which is only a thing because I’ve been pretty active in playing AoE2 DE too - I’m not sure I would even know AoE4 was being made, let alone about to launch.

Now, some say the DE games were made mostly as a marketing tool to get people hyped for AoE4. If that’s the case, well played, it’s worked for me. Other than that though, this game’s promotion has really been either awful or near non-existent.

4 Likes