Tiny text for some mouseovers since 56005

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 56005
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Since update 56005, some mouseover text is tiny, like e.g. when mousing over the buttons in the main menu, or the ELO mouseovers on player icons. Other mouseover text, like e.g. in the Options menu, is still fine though.

In game resolution: 3840x2160, scaling in Windows set to 150%, UHD graphics enabled

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the game
  2. Mouse over a button in the main menu
  3. Look at the tiny text

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Same sane text size for all mouseovers, like before update 56005

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

(no images)

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• (no game files)

Here’s a screenshot of the tiny tooltip text and a normal tooltip for comparison:

Hi @tajmahal70 !

Which Tooltip Scale do you have set in your options?

Also could you try to verify your files in Steam? Game - Properties - Local files

Thanks!

I just verified the files successfully.

I never changed the tooltip scale. I just had a look, and it’s set to 50%, which apparently is the minimum size, i.e. the slider dragged all the way to the left.

After verifying the files it looks ok?

Oh, no, it’s still broken. :slight_smile:

I see

Oke we have created a ticket with this issue, thanks!