Tips for ranked

Im going to start my ranked journey in S2. I spent most of S1 playing with a friend and learning RTS/AoE basics and now feel pretty comfortable jumping in. Any ‘veterans’ have some knowledge they want to pass on to this poor youngin’? :laughing:

Best tip I can give is play extensively, find what kind of playstyle works best for you and work on refining it bit by bit.
You can always watch youtube videos, twitch, etc to learn more, but main thing is play it. Skill and knowledge come with time

2 Likes

Use one Civ, and master this one.
Have a back up Civ, you are really comfy with, to be able to pick on bad maps voor your main Civ.

2 Likes

I’m going to start with S2 as well, I always end up getting super stressed when playing ranked and I do a lot of silly mistakes, but I’m hoping that I can control it much better the more I play. Super excited for it!

2 Likes
  1. Play one civ to mastery then branch.
  2. Learning is Winning.
  3. Take Advantage of Fully Config Bindings.
2 Likes

just do TR and do not listen anyone.
TR give you puntos, what else do you need?

Race you to Conqueror! Lol

1 Like

Haha challenge accepted! :grin:

1 Like

You can bind a key that selects all military units on the map and bind a guy for all guys on screen.

Also, (I don’t know if you can rebind this yet) production builds are f1-4. I bound TC to a mouse key.

1 Like

Is this different than the Ctrl groups?

Yes, I hit f1 in a game right now and it brings up all military unit production buildings. I can make separate ctrl groups for each group of buildings so you don’t have to tab through still.

1 Like