Tips on fighting poles as vikings

I still think both winrates will raise a bit in the next weeks, but idk if it will make one of them clearly OP.
Maybe Bohemians will be OP specifically in arena, but IDK. There are a lot of insane Arena civs to compete with, too.

1 Like

Attack them before they get to knight spam. It takes a long time to get to the knight spam. So just engage them before that. Remember to check for forward berries, pressure the Folwark, check if your opponent is on stone and how much, pressure the stone, etc.

Think of it as a Goths-lite situation. Pressure the civ before they get to the option you deem to be overwhelming.

They are not op, can you please stop just one second with your ■■■■■■■■ Deathcounter?

Just go for the usual pike + xbows and make it to imp as fast as possible. Their kts/cavaliers melt to FU arbalest

Just as a note to the admins/devs here. These posts, made by this user and others who are constantly negative and unreasonable, are the reason why I and surely many others don’t bother posting here.

5 Likes

Update: Gone and played a few gamea with poles, dont seam to be as overpowered as some would make out. Strong in castle weak to flushes and impirial.

3 Likes

Assuming that you are talking about 1v1 Arabia, just don’t pick Vikings. Pick a more clichĂ© civ like Franks or Tatars if you want to be more likely to do well. Just remember to attack early. You could even pick a civ like Koreans and tower their stone if you want to slow down their castle, and with it delay the knight swarm.

There are at least 2 problems:

1. Arbalester cost 45g and szlachta knight cost 30g. So it’s hard to have significantly more arbalesters than Poles player has cavaliers.
  2. Pikemen are actually expensive in castle age.

By the way, byzantines “cheap” camels’ cost 45g (41f/45g) and they don’t have bloodlines to compensate this. And camels are pure defensive tool . You can’t raid with camels (except indian camels).

I see the idea to give poles powerful castle and early imperial play. But currently they can spam knights too easily.