Too many early quit and dodge,Team Surrender system please

there is a difference between “i’ve taken some damage” and “i’m being literally overrun and my team isn’t helping”
besides, this is GAME, it is SUPPOSED TO BE FUN.
what is fun in watching your base get demolished while your allies do NOTHING to help you?

and yet when i am being left out to dry and my team is doing nothing to help me at all, and i’m overrun, am i having fun in that situation?
even if we win, did i have fun? no, i did not. the entire time i was either getting ransacked or then trying to get back into a game from a low villager reboom as i was put back into the dark ages.

and that’s fine, if your allies are actually preparing to attack. you know how many times i’ve literally watched my allies sitting at 80+ villagers without even a military production building dropped down?

1 Like

except they weren’t weak - they were continuing their boom on 3 tc while making an army at the same time. the difference is - my allies would be just trying to get to 120 villagers before doing literally anything.

why should i stick around for that type of game?

and yet they weren’t doing that. they were still booming with no military on site.
also the two sides can’t defend when they are getting 3 on 1ed.

1 Like

you miss the point there that communication is crucial in this situation and as someone who i suppose from the posts i saw from you should be aware of what could happen can tell and warn their teammates to help them

am i having fun if my job is to be oversight? no. the goal is to have fun. if my team wants to leave me to die while they continue booming despite having 80+ villagers, why should i feel obligated to help them? its a two way street. if they won’t contribute despite being in a position to do so, then i shouldn’t be punished for leaving.

because like i said its a teamgame and no matter your mates if you take care of them they take care of you and one thing if you alarm them then surely they cooperate

except they literally weren’t taking care of me.
they were at 80+ villagers with 0 military buildings and continuing to boom.

i tried that. i literally told them i was being attacked by 3 of the 4 enemies and that they should be able to field an army to help me.
no army came. i checked their bases, no military production from either of them. so again. why should i have to stick around? why should i be punished in that situation?

i mean its not punishmemt its a semtiment of not enough communication and/or lack of a helping hand in the right situation i would call it plain unlucky but as it states it not always so as people do cooperate and help you but there is a certain thing that sometimes sacrifies is a way to play it even if its not fun its a way of the game if its secures the game

Because you signed up for it, knowing that this could happen.
It is not only about you having fun, it is also about the other up to 7 people having fun. Teamgames unfortunately have the possibility of being doubled (or even worse). Deal with it or don’t sign up for it!

If your teammate is just booming and not helping and that’s a reason for you to resign, you basically just resign because your teammate is not good enough for you. So if someone doesn’t like your build order or your micro or your civ/strategy choice or whatever he should as well just be allowed to resign and end the game for everyone?

I understand it can be frustrating, but as I said before, there’s the easy solution to play 1v1’s if you dont want to deal with random teammates.

Are we talking about your team being in a decent position, but just picking a strategy you dont like or are we talking about your team being bad players and the game is lost?

If it’s the first I think all my points apply, if it’s the 2nd just go ahead and resign then (but maybe give them another 5 min before to make sure your judgement is correct).

As i forgot to mention i mostly play with teammates and mostly they let me fall to secure the game just for that

but the main point im trying to show here that the key point of an strategic Multiplayer rts is cooperate communication and a hand in hand work as for not every of it is certain most of it can be achieved

and the point being - that isn’t fun for me.
what is the point of video games? to have fun.
so again - why should i be forced to stick around in that type of game?
they clearly think it’s okay to sacrifice me. why should i do anything to help them?

no i signed up for a team game, where the team all contributes. half the team booming to the point that they are literally floating resources and having no military buildings, and having no military.
i did not sign up to be sacrificed and ignored

yeah well then they can deal with me leaving and not being punished. they made a choice to sacrifice me. they can deal with the repurcusions of that.

considering i’m not good enough for them to help, why should i hold them in high opinion?

it absolutely is frustrating. and the fact that you all want to FORCE me to stick around in a game that i’m receiving zero support is even worse.

two of my team members have 80+ workers and no military or production buildings.
1 is being 1v1ed on the other flank. i’m being 3v1ed and destroyed.
the other team is in a great spot, with military and no one in any danger.

you tell me what that situation is

are they actually attacking the enemy and going on the offense during that time? because i can understand that.
but when my allies are doing nothing on offense or defense, that is an issue.

Yes

but then again its self loathing putting yourself over other as for it might missed something or not enough to make them change their mind

what am i missing? they have no military, no military buildings, and are floating resources while i have pointed out that i need help and am being 3v1ed. there was no reason they couldn’t afford military as they were all on 3 or 4 tc pumping out villagers while still having resources to spare. the opponent flanks were sitting on 3 tc with 70+ villagers and had knights on the field razing my city.

I think the issue for the 3v3 and 4v4s are the mentality of “boomer players” who sit back and don’t help their flanks. Those are the types that take pocket colours and their favourite civ and just practice booming. They might win 3/10 games but they feel like the hero in most of those games. As for the other 7/10, once the enemy is at their gates they just resign and start a new game.

Quitting early because you aren’t getting help is selfish behavior, but not as selfish as what I just described above. The solution I believe, is to disallow people choosing pocket positions in ranked. Choose your colour, fine. But it doesn’t determine where you start on the map.

THEN institute the team surrender mechanic. That will stop these toxic boomers from quitting as soon as they find that their on the flank.

is mid to late castle age quitting early though?

its unlucky but then it was missing a component but its no excuse to leave people for themself making them frustrated and quit just because it was just unlucky it more of yes the other game will go better and its not ever game this case i think its a bit overexeterated as yes it might kill the fun but there is no right to leave people to their fate because you dont like their approach like i said communication and hand in hand work 2 key components that you should always remember

Still, a Team surrender mechanic should be the way to go.
Your teammates will definitely notice your Bad Situation when you Start a resign-poll.
But the whole Team should decide together, if the game is lost or not. If you are not into that, just play 1on1.

I have experienced countless games that have been destroyed for everyone just because of one Person leaving early because He did not want to play a messy game for the Team.

1 Like

Its rather late but not quiting at all is better

and i did communicate. and i did try to get them to help. and i did point out the situation. so its not fair for me to leave them to their fate, but its fair for them to leave me to my fate.

seems totally fair and biased.

then my allies should think about helping before i die and not just booming. they made the choice to ignore i needed help. that’s on them.

then maybe boomers should remember to help their flanks.

if you guys get a team vote option, flanks votes should count for 1.5 votes, that way they get more say then boomers, forcing boomers to stop playing pure macro, and actually help there flanks. you know, like a team game.

1 Like

That is a ridiculously idealized view of how people play ranked. Most people play TGs because it’s just less stressful than 1v1s, a different game balance, and longer battles. Not because they particularly like teamwork or communication.

The only “teamwork” we see in 90% games is just telling what BO you go for and X to help.

1 Like

which is why i stopped playing team games months ago.