Start the game already. This coming Monday will be 4 weeks since the AoE:DE announcement at E-3 and the first wave of invites to the closed beta is still coming soon. Please throw us a club, man (or woman). Oh no, not again.

Yeah it reminds me of those nightmares where you have to call someone or tie your shoes but you just can’t do it and keep screwing up the number or getting your fingers caught in your shoe laces…that is the level of anxiety and anticipation we are at hahahaha

I have been challenging myself with AOE2HD 75max pop FFA 8 Player games ^^

I been playing AoE: II HD non-stop and I hate to say it besides my college/PhD work, I been dusting my old B.A. degree work books history text books, to read up on the historical events of the Ancient Civ to immersion myself to enjoy the game when it comes out.

All in due time myfriend!

I’ve been checking my email every morning (as it’s likely that if a beta invite comes, it will come overnight for me due to timezones). I’m surprised that they haven’t started sending them out yet. Why announce beta at E3 then wait this long?

Oh well, just have to be patient. I may not even get into the beta when it actually starts anyway.

@Plasticcaz said:
I’ve been checking my email every morning (as it’s likely that if a beta invite comes, it will come overnight for me due to timezones). I’m surprised that they haven’t started sending them out yet. Why announce beta at E3 then wait this long?

Oh well, just have to be patient. I may not even get into the beta when it actually starts anyway.

Me, personally, I dream every night the Beta has released and when I wake in my cold bed reality sets in and I softly weep until sunrise. Then I just mope around my house in my underwear and use the same dirty mug to drink about 6 cups of coffee while I spam the forum.

My wife is really worried, I think if the Beta doesn’t come out soon she will go live at her mother’s.

I am really worried. Less for you and more for your wife.

@“Andy P” said:

Nah don’t worry, she’s tough…you just worry about me. The real issue will be at launch. If you don’t see me on the forum or in game for a few days it’s because I’m grounded.

@“Andy P” said:

@Raw1812 said:

@“Andy P” said:

Nah don’t worry, she’s tough…you just worry about me. The real issue will be at launch. If you don’t see me on the forum or in game for a few days it’s because I’m grounded.

Grounded? Never heard of a married man being grounded. lol

@DiveDive3726 said:

@“Andy P” said:

@Raw1812 said:

@“Andy P” said:

You haven’t met my wife :open_mouth:

Ahahahaha…

Ah but to get back on topic, I’m sure the holiday being this week made stuff slow down, hopefully the info trickle will begin tomorrow or Monday.

I cracked and drove down to my local electronics store today to purchase an external optical drive so I can play my copy of Age of Empires: Gold Edition on CD. :smiley:

@rhrmn said:
I cracked and drove down to my local electronics store today to purchase an external optical drive so I can play my copy of Age of Empires: Gold Edition on CD. :smiley:

That’s hardcore man, good for you! I have been playing a little but I want to wait to the campaign with AoEDE

@Raw1812 said:

@rhrmn said:

That’s hardcore man, good for you! I have been playing a little but I want to wait to the campaign with AoEDE

Yeah, I’ve installed my old copy of AOE with userpatch, and started playing the campaign a little, but then I thought, “why not wait until AOEDE?”. I’ve played a little with Random Map every now and then since then, to try and get a feel for the game since then.

@Raw1812 said:

@Plasticcaz said:

Me, personally, I dream every night the Beta has released and when I wake in my cold bed reality sets in and I softly weep until sunrise. Then I just mope around my house in my underwear and use the same dirty mug to drink about 6 cups of coffee while I spam the forum.

My wife is really worried, I think if the Beta doesn’t come out soon she will go live at her mother’s.

This feels worryingly relatable. Not so much moping in underwear though, but it is summer here in west coast Norway so at the middle of the day I can sometimes take my parka off and mope without that.

Get Voobly chaps and we will have some multiplayer games arranged :slight_smile:

@DiveDive3726 said:

@“Andy P” said:

@Raw1812 said:

@“Andy P” said:

lol I have…there is another name for it which I can’t repeat lol

Could be why his bed is cold and he is dreaming of a video game instead of his beautiful wife lmao, no telling what he also talks about in his sleep…she will remember this at game launch and accidently forget to pay the cable bill and he will then loose all his hair…and have to go on meds for anxiety :cry: :o

We may never see the poor man again If something don’t shake soon lol

Not real fond of devs that want to hold back everything…for whatever reason…and then end up pushing away the whole community who is following…at Castle Siege are very familiar with this awful way of teasing players :#

wait no one’s got a Beta yet? Oh ok, I thought the first round would have been out by now. Lol. The other day I dreamt I signed up to the Beta program. Then woke up and decided seeing as I’m dreaming about it I might as well sign up. Then remembered the reason I hadn’t signed up before was I needed to find my Microsoft password. Found it pretty quickly though.