Total freeze (in game or menus)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.63581.0 9025584
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The game freezes completely and it blocks my PC. My PC never froze like this with any other software except this one. This freeze can occur in game, in menu, in tech tree…anywhere. It happens over a different time intervals, is impossible to predict.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

Over some time interval…cannot time it because it happens randomly. Both in game and outside (in menus).

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Just play the game. It will crash at some point.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

A total PC crash. Have to hard reset from power button. No other software causes this except AOE II DE.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Impossible because the pc is crashed. Nothing to see except a frozen screen.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

Hey @Danielus1992

Thanks for the report!
Try verifying the game files, and updating graphics drivers.

If the issue persists, could you send us your minidumps (.mdmp) that correspond to the day(s) where this happened? Those could be found here:

“C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs”

and have this format

“AoE2DESteam-58115-2022.01.19-15.05.33.mdmp”

Thanks!

Will do if this occurs again. Thanks.

Yeah, i have the same issue and it feels like it is getting worse. I already tried contacting through email and got the same response about updating the gpu drivers and verifying files on steam. This never happened to me when i was playing through the pc game pass version. It happens most when i click onto my 2nd monitor or go to alt+tab out of the game.