Treaty boxes surround all town centers after restoring a match

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 9717890
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

After restoring a multiplayer match, treaty boxes surrounded all town centers on the map. You can see from the overlapping lines in the screenshots. This is not only a visual bug, it prevents players from building near any town center that they do not own, not simply the original town centers.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

We don’t typically restore matches, but this probably occurs 100% of the time in treaty games.

:arrow_forward: ############ STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a multiplayer game with the treaty enabled. (Ours was 2 players vs. 6 AI with a 60 minute treaty.)
  2. Make the game crash before the treaty expires, or perhaps save it to restore later.
  3. Restore the multiplayer game, wait 45 minutes for the 2 mb file to transfer, then look at any town center.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The only treaty boxes that should appear are the ones surrounding the original town centers.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

################################################################################################################################################################################################

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1djLiMNBZvxmMDghTZUvzjE1JzAfdCrtb?usp=share_link

Hi @TiredDavid27
Do you have a rec of this match?
Thanks for the report!

I’m not certain about a recording. We do have the save game file. My friend was hosting it, so he’ll be able to share it tomorrow if that’s all right.

If you both can check if there is a rec, it could help us a lot to find the root of the issue :slight_smile:
It should be located in the same folder as the savegame file.

Thanks!

I think we’re in luck. This must have been the match:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1djLiMNBZvxmMDghTZUvzjE1JzAfdCrtb?usp=share_link