Treaty mode for AOE4

I think this is fine but for people who don’t really play the game , the beginner and casual.

I seen a lot of ppl rage about English ram rush or rush in general but if you can’t rush, some civ will be usless …

Only Delhi china and hre will shine

It seems like people disagree here because they don’t want it.

They are completely missing the point, others would like it as an OPTION in the game.

Why wouldn’t you let people enjoy AoE IV in another way than YOU prefer?..

I don’t need the treaty mode, but i can see the value of it for people who do enjoy building beautiful bases.
And for people who enjoy gunpowder fights over arrows.

Live and let live.

4 Likes

I don’t know if that’s because English might not be your native language, but I have no idea what you wanted to say here.

not a big amount of player will use this mode… let them finish the importants things firtst, and maybe after i will agreed the dev to add this option ^^

yeah i’m not a native english but i try to do my best to be understood

I totally agree with your point here @KingsmurfNL

I’m fairly new to these forums, and while I am not calling anyone out, I have noticed there are some who aren’t interested in others’ viewpoints at all. Unfortunately, it does seem some people’s objective is only to enter a forum post just try to end the conversation everyone else is having.

For example, just because one person only likes PVP, does that mean we shouldn’t have game options to be on a team or add AI opponents? No. It is called an Option because it is not required, it is just a choice.

In my experience, I’ve found that RTS games that give players lots of game setup options and ways to play the game create more replayability and appeal to a larger player base over the long term. For instance, if hardcore multiplayer ranked matches died because the next popular competive RTS game comes out, it would be nice for there to still be lots of options for those who enjoy the game in single-player mode or with their group of friends. I think the Devs have been pretty clear that they want to expand AOE 4 to all kinds of players. This is how it should be.

4 Likes

I think he ment, that it would be an interesting option for players who play once and a while, and don’t care about rankings.

Just casuals who play 2 hours a week with some friends. (And would like to see the game be more adjustable to increase the fun)

1 Like

Welcome mate :slight_smile:

You are completely right here. I have been roaming this forum daily since release, and even though I read every single post and comment, I rarely react anymore.

There came too many screamers who just go on repeat with their own view, most of the time completely ignoring what the topic actually is about.

(One of them send me a PM how I should play China, while I was the one who still enjoyed China after the Siege nerf and thought that was about time siege got heavily nerfed, while he posted in every single topic!!! that China was unplayable…
I mean… where in his head went that wrong… )

I do love the direction the Devs are working in, making it a game for a lot of different type of players.

I think a lot of players don’t realize this is exactly one of the major reasons this is the biggest shot for AoE IV to become a major RTS for the next +10 years.
Make it fun for everyone: e-sports, pro’s, streamers, casuals, single players, friends, LAN party’s, event hosters …

3 Likes

Agreed, I like the idea of treaty being an option in the long run.

It could be fun if is adjusted accordingly with the game. I mean AoE4 doesnt need a 40 min treaty like AoE3 (the 1st one having it) cause it has less techs/things to do.

In AoE3 there are infinite resources, more techs and ways to buff your units/techs (cards). Also its famous cause in that mode there arent unit cards to attack on 5min.

1 Like

Why not because it is interesting, just do not add it into ranking mode if it is not balance. We do need more entertain mode right now.

2 Likes

Hello,

I would like to support the fact to get treaty mode implemented aswell, because I generally just play “chill” and love to just spend time building stuff for a specific amount of time before starting the war, even versus an IA.

I am not the type of player which does ranked game, I am more of a casual player, and I have been greatly disappointed when I bought the game day 1 and seen no treaty mode in it.

Now after a year of release, I did not played a lot because of this reason, I can’t count the time I spent playing with treaty in AOE 3. So it would be wonderful if treaty comes out someday.

the advanced game settings mod released a few weeks ago already provides this feature, and early markets too.

Thanks a lot for this information, I just found it and it’s exactly what I was looking for.

1 Like