Treaty time and other issues on ranked multiplayer

You literally have racism in your post, and a lot of other political type stuff that doesn’t comply with the rules of forum use.

This is indeed very racist content 11

2 Likes

because you are not 9.564574683657653848886 milliseconds faster than they are

5 Likes

Clearly for me, you are playing the wrong kimd game. Aoe2 is an RTS (Real Time Strategy game) Micro speed is a part of the game in aoe2 and the game is based around fast reactions and rushing. On the tactical aspect, this game is a lot about deciding between:

• investing now in military and being weak if you cannot do damage, or
  • investing now in economy to be stronger later but weak in the near future.

The aoe2 is oversimplified as it doesnt take into account the mental state of the citizen, as:

• most soliders wont go fight 1v10 and die to buy time, unless you prepare them to
  • there is no uproar if your farming has a bad year and there is nothing to eat,
  • etc.

This is a deliberate choice so that we can focus on the rushing and the APM aspect of the decision taking. A game mixing both would be too complicated to play.

What you need is what we can “turn based strategy games”, like civilisations. Think about it this way:

• more oftrn than not, in real wars the decicions to take are not “that urgent”, you have a few hours or even days to take the right decisions. When Huns invade your roman empire, they cannot go through the whole territory in a couple of days.
  • Turn based games literally removes the possibility of rushing and micro-ing in the game. I guess you dont like it either when your opponent consistently beat your crossbowmen with unupgrsded archers because he knows of to dodge projectiles.

I do not know turn based strategy games, but I am convinced most of them let you build an empires before going yo war and goes into societal ,cultural, political, religious, diplomatic, aspects of the game to an extend that it feels like real countries are fighting one another in a cold war, all outwar, or economy war.

This is not what RTS is about, and most people playing aoe2 are playing it because they like this ‘APM’ part of the game. Both RTSs and TBS games are interesting in their own ways, and both involve tactical, strategical, and operational planning in their own way. Even though they are fast paced, RTS are not just some kind of brainless rushing.

6 Likes