Trigger "Change Object Icon" not working as expected

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.46295.0 6421374
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Using the “Change Object Icon” trigger in an attempt to change the icon of an object with an specific “Object Type” (e.g. Building, Barracks) to the icon of an object with a different “Object Type” (e.g. Unit, Teutonic Knight) never produces the expected result of just changing the icons. Instead, it reads the sprite number of the selected unit (45 for Unit Teutonic Knight), and selects the corresponding sprite in the building section (45 for Accursed Tower).

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Use the “Change Object Icon” trigger, attempting to change the Barracks’ icon to a Teutonic Knight’s one.
  2. Enter the game, and notice the Barracks icon is now an Accursed Tower’s one.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Enter the game, and notice the Barracks icon is now a Teutonic Knight’s one.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

bump! Issue still present in version 101.101.62085.0 8752729

This is expected behaviour, although I know it would be nice if it wasn’t. The displayed icon is determined by the item type: whether it’s a unit or building or tech determines which icon list is used.

I’m sure you know this but you can check what icon you will be using by checking the following folders, the numeric prefix corresponds to the icon:

AoE2DE\widgetui\textures\ingame\buildings
AoE2DE\widgetui\textures\ingame\units
AoE2DE\widgetui\textures\ingame\tech

and which is why i cant give towers trebuchet, onager and scorpion icons :frowning: