Tsardom of Rus Confirmed!

What does 100 Years’ War have to do with HRE???

The 100 years war was between the English and French.

1 Like

And why is it a good choice, if i may ask

1 Like

They could use the Landmark system, and have an Age Up option that unlocks their advanced Werapons like the Greek Fire and Grenade units, another that unlocks special Religious bonii due to Orthodoxy, and another that unlock recruitment of foreign troops (Varangians, Bulgars, Latins, Turcopoles, Armenians) each offering a unit that complements the base Byzantines.

3 Likes

I like this idea a lot! I pray this comes true!

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry. The population of Byzaboos in the world has exploded in the last 5 years. I can’t watch a single Byzantine Empire video on Youtube without a bunch of guys in the comments saying things like “But ummmm AKSUALLY, teh people of the Eastern Roman Empire didn’t call themselves Byzantines and I’m offended”

They’ll get in. (as DLC)

I am a proud Byzaboo.

I love all Christendom!

6 Likes

Also if you pay close attention to the stuff we saw at e3, it seems there was a teal civilization with Eastern European looking towers, 4 of them too. I think rus are a great civ choice.

At around 32 seconds, immediately after the scene showing the English on the coast with siege, we see teal villagers gathering wood, and we see the towers I was talking about.

There are many debates on the Internet whether or not the byzantine empire was either Greek, Roman or both and it makes me so sick to see all this talk about who’s wrong and who’s right.

As a Greek myself in school we learned that the byzantine was Greek with roman influences of course over the years but the cultural was Greek and that the people lived there also called themselves Romans which is another word for Greek. But its complicated it seems for many to know.

Aren’t mongolian towers? The Town Centre at the bottom is mongolian and has the same color.

4 Likes

I don’t think so, unless they revamped the mongol architecture in aoe4.

Looking at this picture, the designer of the game is still centered on Europe, which is not in line with the historical facts. However, this is a game made by Americans, which can also be understood.

Middle Ages means Europe.

You know why CA never finished Total War: 3 Kingdoms? Because the DLCs did not sell, so they closed support on it.
Turns out the Chinese setting was boring, and the playerbase evaporated in a month, with the DLCs selling less and less, because there was no faction variety, everyone was China.

Same story with Stronghold Warlords.

You want to sell a Strategy game based on the Middle Ages, you have to go to Europe or Japan.

5 Likes

Total War: 3. The DLC is not good. Chinese people think it’s boring and boring. Many people don’t want to buy it. Moreover, Chinese people are not interested in making up those DLCs, and few of them are highly praised. After all, people who are not in the East Asian cultural circle can not make games that are suitable for East Asian people. The game has been out for two years, and it’s normal to stop updating. The Chinese have little interest in Total war on other historical subjects, which is not to their taste.

It was the best seller of the franchise when it came, then the playerbase poofed in a month, and the DLCs did not sell.
Asian settings are boring, unless they are Japan, and that is because Feudal Japan, broken up into many warrings states for centuries, is a lot like Post-Roman Europe.

Nope. Total War Warhammer 2 is still getting DLCs and updates.

Then why complain about how Americans make games?
Make your own games.

Then why complain that Age of Empires, a series about historical strategy and combat, has too many European civs?

RTS is to the West what fighting games are to the East. You pick a Street Fighter and most classical characters are Asian, because there is where the game sells. So it is with RTS games, specially AoE. We get more European civs, because the game sells the most in the West.

4 Likes

I wonder if early Rus’ / Dark Ages / First Age, I don’t know how it is called in the game, will have some pagan, norse vibes. Because it’s basically how the most influencial Rus’ states were founded, by a bunch of Norse adventurers from Sweden, which were assihimilated by the local cultures;

And evoluting through age into the powerful orthodox kievan rus’ ? Or we will have some Novgorod references?

I expect an unit being the Druzhina, sort of Varangian Guards.

China’s strict game audit system can’t make good games. But the Chinese games that can be released in steam are still very good, because they avoid strict domestic censorship. The box office of Hollywood films or films from other countries is getting worse and worse in China. Chinese people have lost interest in most of Hollywood films and don’t like western values very much. The films with high box office in China are all Chinese films. China’s huge market has formed its own circle. Think own things are already very good. Total War: Warhammer 2 is a good game!

The West does not have values, nowadays, only virtue-signaling, but that is besides the point.
Modern movies bend over backwards to attract the chinese audience, yet they fail at it, epically, while movies that do not such thing, but actually speak for the traditional or paragon values of a culture, even Western ones, like Lord of the Rings (heavily based on the Bible and other christian literature), do VERY well.

Why? Because people want authenticity. In a Medieval setting, authentic means Europe, West Asia and North Africa.

Warhammer sells like hotcakes in China, and Cathay has not yet been introduced. Why?
Because having not-Slavs, not Germans, not-French and not-Atlanteans fighting pseudo-Satan, with grandiose latin chanting in the background; is AMAZING!
It is authentic, it is a crude but impactful representation of Western mysticism, the Eternal War, the fighting against The Evil One, the misery of conflict and why it is often justified or even needed.

Authenticity sells, representation does not.

1 Like

Magic games have always been popular. Total War: Warhammer 2 supports Chinese.

There is no China in Total war: Warhammer 2.
Game 3 will have it, but the CCP will not like it, because like all Warhammer factions, it will be a gross caricature, as that is what the setting is.

In 32 second I see Mongols. Definitely not a Ruthenians.

1 Like