Turtle Mode option?

Would anybody else like to see a turtle mode available were you are unable to attach opposition for the first hour of the game, enforcing turtle game play?
This has been an option in some more recent RTS games and would love to see it in AOE:DE.

It was added to AOE2HD, it would make sense for it to be in this version.

Yeah, a truce timer would be nice. It was included in remastered RoN, AoM and AoE2HD, so I’d guess that it will be included in AoE:DE.

I know what you mean but I’m going to nitpick a little anyway: a truce mode will promote booming, not turtling. After all there is no reason to hide in a shell if you can’t be attacked

@GepardenKalle said:
I know what you mean but I’m going to nitpick a little anyway: a truce mode will promote booming, not turtling. After all there is no reason to hide in a shell if you can’t be attacked

Agree, but nonetheless the truce-timer is also very popular for beginners, to sort stuff out, and feeling confident. And I consider that to be a good thing.

Yeah, a truce timer would be great. We use to build up huge wall defences and then send in massive armies to try and take each other down. Lead to many epic battles rather than rush tactics where only a handful of soldiers can tip the balance of power.

Would be great for starting players, but balance wise very hard.
Some civilizations are at their best in early bronze age/tool age and other in iron age. would disable the meaning of tool age units if you cant attack in tool age.