Two crash after patch update, pre patch worked fine

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store (both)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

game crash with mod after latest patch (including hot fix), didn’t crash prior to the update near end of January.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

attached mini dump files (mdmp).

AoE2DESteam-58850-2022.02.16-22.16.49.mdmp (306.0 KB)
AoE2DESteam-58850-2022.02.16-22.37.12.mdmp (313.6 KB)
AoE2DESteam-58850-2022.02.16-22.17.53.mdmp (343.5 KB)

please take a look

Hi @thieftdp8498 !

Maybe the mod is not suitable for the game anymore, could you contact with the mod developer? Maybe they are planning to update it

thanks for the reply @IkoKnight8151

thing is January update doesn’t have any data change with exception of some engine/bug fix which might alter how different type of units behave. is it possible to let modders know what has been changed?

also, the reason we uploaded the crash mdmp file is to hope that the official game developers can find ways to fix them, mod or not (as they weren’t crashing previously).

any ideas?

I see

Which mods are you using that provoke these crashes?

multiple buffs mod v1

The mod is from 11/19/2021 and! Ist a data mod, it’s clear that the mod no works and the game crash after a update.

Hi again @thieftdp8498 I have created a ticket with your information, our devs will check it :smiley:

1 Like