Two hotkey bugs and how to reproduce them

Game Version:

Steam

Build: 101.101.34055.0 4495784

Issue:

There are issues with the unique hotkey technologies for both the Goths and the Cumans. For the Goths it is hardcoded so both unique technologies are the same hotkey as the hotkey you have bound for their imperial age unique technology. For the Cumans … their bonus Kipchaks that comes with one of their technologies is bound to the same hotkey as their other unique technology, the Steppe Husbandry unique tech, when it should be bound to their other tech to prevent hotkey clashing.

Reproduction Steps:

For Goths:

(1) Have a hotkey setup that uses hotkeys for the technologies. It can be the DE Hotkeys profile or your own custom profile.
(2) Select the Goths as a civilization.
(3) Go to the Imperial age WITHOUT researching your castle age unique tech.
(4) Make sure you have a castle built.
(5) Check hotkeys for both your unique technologies and you will notice that they are both bound to the technology for the Goth’s imperial age unique technology. And no matter how you rebind them … it’s unfixable as the bug seems to be hardcoded in for the Goths.

For the Cumans:

(1) Have a hotkey setup that uses hotkeys for the technologies. It can be the DE Hotkeys profile or your own custom profile.
(2) Select the Cumans as a civilization.
(3) Go to the Imperial age WITHOUT researching your castle age unique tech.
(4) Make sure you have a castle built.
(5) Check the hotkey for the unique technology “Cuman Merchanaries”.
(6) Check the hotkey for Steppe Husbandry. But DON’T research it.
(7) Research Cuman Merchanaries and wait for the research to finish.
(8) When the extra button appears to create 10 free Elite Kipchaks … notice that its hotkey is bound to the same hotkey as the Steppe Husbandry hotkey and if you try to use the hotkey to create the free Elite Kipchaks it will first force you to research Steppe Husbandry. (Note that this bug can be fixed by simply hardocding it so the hotkey for the free elite Kipchaks is the same hotkey as the ‘Cuman Merchanaries’ technology instead of the same hotkey as the ‘Steppe Husbandry unique technology’).

I have tested all the other civilizations and the hotkeys for both of the unique technologies for all other civs work absolutely fine.

EDIT: Moderators/admins, please move this post to the report a bug section for the AoE2 Definitive Edtion, I put it in the bug reporting section for ‘AoE2 2013’ by accident.

EDIT 2: I’m thinking about recording a video of both bugs in case the reason why I’m getting no responses about the bug (I first reported the bug for the goths some months back and got zero replies) is perhaps because I’m still not explaining it clearly enough somehow. A video of both bugs will be very clear, I hope. Might take me a while to get the video made and uploaded but I hope it will help. The bug isn’t really displayable by mere screenshots.

This thread is supposed to be in the Definitive Edition ‘report a bug’ section and not the ‘AoE2 2013’ bug section … if a mod can move it I would greatly appreciate it. Apologies for posting it in the wrong area. That was an accidental mistake on my part.

1 Like

I’m uploading a video demonstrating both bugs. It should be ready for me to post here soon!

Here is the video demonstrating both bugs:

I’d like to point out that BOTH of these bugs are 100% fixed as of the latest patch (where the Cumans bug was fixed by adding a hotkey for the mercenaries).