Units Disappear with Enhanced Graphics Pack

Game Version:

• Build 101.101.32708.0
  • Platform: Microsoft Store

Issue:

When turning on UHD graphics, all the units are invisible. I can see an empty map, farms, the HUD, and effects like dust and fire. But no units, trees, buildings, etc; they are just invisible. With the UHD graphics option off, the game appears normally.

Notes

• There are no error messages.
  • The game does not crash.
  • The performance test for multiplayer returns a score of 1290.1 with ultra settings on a 1440p monitor with UHD on. (no units visible)
  • The performance test for multiplayer returns a score of 1248.1 with ultra settings on a 1440p monitor with UHD off. (game appears normally)
  • Although the invisible units can be selected with the period key, you cannot click them or drag a box around them to select them.
  • The computer has no other issues with any other games

Reproduction Steps:

1. Install the Enhanced Graphics Pack
  2. Turn on UHD graphics in the video settings
  3. Start any standard game, campaign mission, the tutorial, or the multiplayer performance test

Tested steps

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the Enhanced Graphics Pack from the Windows Store
  • Verified that the version number of the Enhanced Graphics Pack is the same as AOE2DE
  • Rebooted
  • In the windows settings, set AOE2DE to run graphics in performance mode (both options say they will use the 2070 anyway)
  • Tested with a 2560x1440 monitor running at 144p
  • Tested with a 1920x1080 monitor running at 60p
  • Disconnected secondary monitor during the test
  • Tested in windowed mode
  • Tested in fullscreen mode
  • Tested with low graphic presets
  • Tested with ultra graphic presets

Computer configuration

• Core i7 9700K
  • 16GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER /w 8GB video ram
  • 970 EVO 1TB SSD

2 Likes

i have the same problem

I have the same issue

Same platform, same issue.

I uninstalled AOE2DE and the enhanced graphics pack. Then I rebooted, reinstalled AOE2DE, and reinstalled the enhanced graphics pack. Now version 101.101.32875.0 of AOE2DE is installed and version 101.101.32708.0 of the UHD pack is installed. Windows Store says they are both up to date. The problem still persists.

Updated to AOE2DE 101.101.33059.0 with UHD pack 101.101.32708.0, which are the latest versions in the Microsoft Store. Problem still persists.

Updated to AOE2DE 101.101.33164.0 with UHD pack 101.101.32708.0, which appear to be the latest versions in the Microsoft Store. Problem still persists.

Same problem here :frowning:

Updated to AOE2DE 101.101.33315.0. Problem still persists

Doesn’t seem hardware related. I upgraded my computer, replaced all parts except hard drive and problem still persists…

Game Version: 101.101.33315.0 4426672

• Platform (Steam)

Issue:

some units are invisible

Reproduction Steps:

1. build helebards
    enemy has elephants
  2. units are invisible (untargetable by curser 2)
  3. can see units in certain animations(helbs attacking, elephants dead on the floor)

FIXES: unistall that “some textures are HD some are not there Pack”, by unselecting it kicking ok.
starting game
raging why it is still there
seeing that you have to uncheck it in properties 2

Me and my friends have the same problem with units missing graphics and appear invisible when using enhanced graphics dlc

I have this issue without a DLC. Not just turned off i have no downloaded files of DLC. Sometimes it happens from the middle to the late game

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.32911.0 4395365
  • Platform: Steam

Issue:

My miners disappeared when mining stone.

Reproduction Steps:

1. I have no idea why that happened, I just put them to mine stone and when they did it I could not see them.

I have a video of it: https://streamable.com/l14wa

Game Version:

• Build 101.101.33315.0 4426672

Issue:

Enemy Mangudai Units kept dissapearing while not firing, and reappearing once they entered the fight animation. This was during a 1v1 multiplayer game.

Additional Info

I have the HD pack installed, via steam. My monitor is 1920 x 1080. Only using one monitor to play, in a triple monitor setup.
I have a modern gaming PC (Ryzen 5, R9 390, 18 GB Ram).

Reproduction Steps:

These steps might not be enough, because I don’t know all the factors involved, but try this:

1. Create a 1v1 multiplayer game, with matchmaking. Have your enemies be Mongols.
  2. Have your enemy create some mangudai and have them attack you.

Video showing the issue

1 Like

Hi @warkos8, This is a known issue.

1 Like

Upgraded to AOE2DE 101.101.33315.0. Problem still persisted. Uninstalled the Enhanced Graphics Pack and reinstalled it (version 101.101.32708.0). The problem has been fixed. All the units appear normally now with the enhanced graphics turned on.

Can confirm. My problem was now fixed, after following these steps:

• Uninstall game
  • Reinstall game only (not HD pack)
  • Start game and start a random map
  • Exit game
  • Install HD pack

Everything now works fine!

1 Like

When starting a new game with UHD on all the units are gone and unselectable.
I have reinstalled multiple times and tried this fix that I found on another post:

• Uninstall game
  • Reinstall game only (not HD pack)
  • Start game and start a random map
  • Exit game
  • Install HD pack

I have a 3900x cpu
5700xt gpu
16gb of 3600 memory

If anyone knows of another fix please let me know.

Thanks

Game Version:

• Build 101.101.34223
  • Platform Microsoft Store - gamepass

Issue:

Posting this for a friend of mine who is playing on a 4K screen. Sometimes units like the starting scout or villagers are invisible (can still be selected through shortcuts) and sometimes villagers are smaller than it should be. The issue does only occur if the enhanced graphic pack is enabled. See attached photo.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Play on Microsoft Store
  2. Use a 4k monitor and resolution
  3. Enable the graphics pack