UI crash when picking civ(ranked, quick play)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: v101.101.43210.0 5867313
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When playing ranked or Quick play UI bugs out. It’s either being unable to type anything or being unable to pick a civ(can’t click anything), or getting frozen on the civ pick screen.
There is also a thing where you can’t see your teammates(in a team game) or one of your teammates is flashing(this has only been noticed in quick play).
This has been going on since the last patch.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

75% of the time

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a game in ranked or Quick play
  2. Try and pick a civ
  3. You either can’t click on the pick civ button or when choosing civ you can’t choose it and the UI bugs so you cant click anything. Also can’t click i’m ready or type a message.
  4. The match starts

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I would be able to pick a civ i wanted to play and not be forced into playing random. I would see who im playing with before the match started(quick play only).

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like