An error message appears when I start up AoE:DE. The game will startup after closing the error but scenario progress does not get saved. Trying to save any game gives me another error saying “The game could not be saved. Free some disk space…”
The error is:
“Unable to Setup storagePoint ‘AOE’
Result = Unable to Create Directory”
Also noticed “%localappdata%\Packages\ActiveSync\LocalState\Games\Age of Empires DE” is not getting created like it should.
I’m running the Steam version of the game.
I’ve tried the following:
- Verified the game files.
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
- Reboot my computer.
- Updated graphics drivers and rebooted.
- Disabled anti-virus and reinstalled.
- Ran the executable as an administrator.
- Manually creating the folder in local appdata.
- Reset the Windows Store (wsreset)
I bought the game today.