Unfair TG ranked game: The problems of current TG game

Queuing, 3 ALT F4 in a row, people even ALT F4 because they can’t pick pocket.
That’s toxic

1 Like

Which player is a smurf? Based on these data i have no idea, so i clearly missing something.
You seems to blame everyone to be a smurf, if it is the lowest rated player in a team. Not sure if it is that easy to spot smurfs. I dont think so. You mentioned smurfs multiple times, but in most cases i dont really see a proof of them being a smurf. Just a rating doesnt really show much.

I wont deny you played against a smurf, but i havent seen the proof. That is what i tried to say.

Note: Smurfs are never OK in my opinion, but since even pro players are having smurfs, also other players starts making smurfs and the devs dont really seems to care at all…

I have already posted who’s the smurf.
wow, and I can’t believe you said you can’t tell they are smurf by the stat, even in the game, if you have time to watch the gameplay, that TG 2484 guy defintely is another level player.
Also, I didn’t claim many players in premade are smurf, I have posted 50 games here and I think I only point out few of them.

I thought you are a rational user here but in fact it seems like you are not that rational at all.

We sure know what smurf meaning is, if not, please google it
A player with such stat and I am in the game, this defintely won’t be their 1st originial account, there will be no ways to play in that level by playing such small games. I dont think people here will rational thinking disagree.
https://www.google.com/search?q=smurf+meaning+in+gaming&sxsrf=ALeKk0253iOuXkiijbSWzU1xC4BZU8OGIA%3A1623066242480&ei=gga-YKLkHIr80gS-r6vACA&oq=smurf+meaning+in+gaming&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQgAEMsBOggIABCxAxCDAToFCAAQsQM6BAgAEEM6AggAUMzpoAJY0_2gAmCo_qACaABwAHgAgAGBAYgB7w2SAQQyMi4ymAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiirdH2uIXxAhUKvpQKHb7XCogQ4dUDCA4&uact=5

1 Like

Also, if this cannot be claimed as a smurf.

with your standard, I super wonder what kind of player can be called a smurf?
There would be no provement at all unless we know the player’s IP address.

Played some random team games during the weekend and the smurf situation is clearly getting worse compared to some weeks/months ago. 10 games and in 8 of them there was at least one player who used a second (third, fourth, … ) account: super clean build order, crazy apm, far better micro, top decisions/predictions … total domination! And then looking at their profile after the game: < 100 games played, but a win rate of > 70 %.
I understand that improving the skill gets more and more difficult and that then it feels great to destroy weaker players, also that it is difficult for the devs to solve this problem, BUT: could we at least stop family share? Even if the game is quite cheap, it would be fair if they have to pay for this stupid behavior with real money.

1 Like

You really do have to question the fibre of a man who plays this game with smurf accounts, literally is the only validation you have in your life, curb stomping a bunch of noobs on a video game. Strange, strange people.

1 Like

I havent seen the game, only the screenshots your showed here. So i based my opinion on those. To be clear: I wont deny you are right. I just say i dont have seen enough proof. So it is possible you are completely right and it is a smurf.

One thing that stands out by reading your post is that every lower rated player in a premade is acquised for being a smurf. That looks to me that you just look at someone rating and if that is low, than it must be a smurf. I dont think it will works that way. That isnt enough evidence to proof it is someones second account which he uses to exploit the system.

Again: You can be right, but most claims in this thread seems to lack evidence to me.

I also wont deny smurfs are an issue. No doubt about that. And with the updated calculation it is becoming worse and worse.

no, I dont mainly judge people by elo, but the games they played mostly.

Usually smurf account wont play much games because when they play more and more, the elo will become closer to what they should be.
an account with few ranked games, few 1v1 games, less TGs, very likely is a smurf to me.
Whatever his elo is, even if the account is in TG 2600, if the account isnt play much games and his TG win rate is extremely high (like 70% or above), I will still call him a smurf.

again, it’s true, I couldnt 100% saying they are smurf, what my words can only mean they are highly like a smurf, because no one is able to prove anyone a smurf unless he admits it or we have the ip address to prove.

for my experience few months ago, the most common range you will meet a smurf is between 2000 to 2500. I dont face many smurfs according to my past 50 games, but whatever the amount it is, i think everyone should agree we dont any smurfs ruining the game.

Well, some basic logic must apply here. If you consider that below average players cannot “smurf”, and with the average TG Elo being 1900-2000… Stating that common range to find smurfs is between 2000-2500 is basically covering 90% of the playerbase that can actually ‘smurf’… so… yes. Most common place to find smurfs is from above average upwards.

Just like the most common range for smurfs in 1v1 is 1000 to 1500.

Also due to inflation even the average player will have a 70% win rate for the first 50 games he plays. If you are #5000 1v1 (1400), to reach the top #5000 TG you need to climb from 1000 to 2400 Elo. Thats 70+ games. Then your win % should start to drop but it will take some time to get to 50% – for example, I needed 75 games (63-12, 84% winrate) to get to 2400… Considering its my “true elo” and an average of 50% win rate from this point onwards, it will only get to “non-smurf” levels after +400 games (263-212 55%)… Thats more than I play in one year.

you have pointed out a situation if a player already in a certain level playing a new account.
this only happens in these 2 backgrounds:

1. a player who played 1v1 so his level is pretty decent enough to win a lot in TG at the start.
  2. an old player who played previous version

for Situation 1, I don’t consider a player with hundreds of 1v1 game and started to play TG with very high win rate is a smurf as 1v1 elo is an more accurate indications of how the player level is. Sure this might be his main account and it’s reasonable for him to win a lot.

for Situation 2, DE has been released for year and a half already, this cases are less, beside that, I am a player who played AOE 15 years ago and when I came back, I need pretty much games to let me adapt the meta in DE and hotkey, BO etc. I don’t doubt there will be some genius here doesnt need to, so what we look into is the games he played with, if he’s usually played with same group of people in TG ranked, we have a reasonable suspect this is a smurf for pushing elo.

for example i raised above:
This is defintely a smurf, no 1v1, no unranked games, just Team RM, and if you saying his win rate is 90% because the elo system needs hundreds games to balance up the elo, I wonder how this is his first account, without any other types of game and he can be this level?
by just beating AI games won’t let him able to do this. This must be his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th etc account so he can elo push his teammates.

That is exactly what i tried to say. I do agree with you that they might be a smurf, but you can never exactly sure. Like you said there are cases in which it is possible for a player not being a smurf:

I would even add a third option, which is still possible:
It can be a player that gets carried by his team mates. This is sometimes the case. If so, then it is still amazing if such player will reach the top 5% of all players with a win rate of 90% by just being carried. But it might be possible for players around 1.8k.

The 3rd one is easy to be identified by watching the game play.
I watched most of games afterwards and sure I can tell someone is in or not in his elo level.
out of my 50 games, I faced 2 such games with the 3rd type of player, one is with slam, and the other one is fatdragon, 2 of the games there was a low standard player which I can clearly tell. and I won’t call them a smurf because I am able to judge it.