A big thank you to everyone who participated in the latest testing session for Age of Empires IV! Below are steps to help you uninstall the beta product. We are posting these instructions to the Insiders section of the forums for ease-of-access.
Set yourself up for success! We typically recommend taking the following steps after you’ve completed a beta: please make sure the previous session has uninstalled properly, and you’ve deleted your Age of Empires IV Beta folder (see below).
The Age of Empires IV Beta product will NOT work as a pre-download of the retail version. As well, none of your data (such as player level) will carry over from this beta session to the retail product.
Uninstall will leave your Age of Empires IV Beta Folder in-tact. This is the folder that maintains error logs, saved games, etc. You will want to manually delete the folder after uninstalling to clear space on your machine.
- Open File Explorer
- Go to QuickAccess > Documents > MyGames
- Look for a folder named Age of Empires IV Beta and delete it
If you need to, or would like to, manually uninstall the beta, please follow the below steps.
- Open the start menu and search for Apps & Features
- In Apps & Features, scroll down until you see Age of Empires IV Beta
- Click on the title then click Uninstall
For Steam users, if you are uninstalling before the official end of a beta, you may use these alternative uninstall instructions.
- In Steam, go to the title Age of Empires IV Beta
- Right-click on the game from the left-hand display
- Hover over manage from the pop-up, and then select uninstall
- Confirm the uninstall from the pop-up.