"Unit Architecture" ; the Regional Skins question

@Amphiitrion: Organizing it by architecture set, keeping the differentiations simple and leaving everything optional should be fine.

I can definitely understand why a PvP player isn’t interested in those, no offense.

Hell, even I as casual player turned those mods off in HD from time to time because it can get confusing.

This is IMO also one of the weak points of AOE3, lack of unit clarity, especially in regards to upgrades.

1 Like

Agreed, what I can see working really well is having - akin to the current HD pack, a graphics pack for unit skins.

I can imagine it creating a bit of difficulty in differentiating standard units from unique units. Though, for standard units I am pretty sure those would be still very easy to identify.

I never said anything about forcing people to adapt such a change. You would clearly see, if you had read previous messages, that such a feature being optional is a fundamental part of the conversation.

2 Likes

This would be the way to get everyone satisfied. A free graphics pack DLC. (Or even a cheap paid one)

If this gets to be implemented some day I hope it doesn’t become the standard or the default setting that you can turn off, rather an optional one that you can turn on.

3 Likes