Unit pathing still sucks goat balls

I wonder if they will ever resolve it? I don’t think so, doesn’t make the game unplayable. Just limits how much i can play before it gets too frustrating and i need to take a break.

Villagers still stop working, especially wood cutters, gatherers still ■■■■ blocking each other, especially miners and cutters.

Couple games in a row now. Knights patrol into enemy archers, as soon as their initial targets are dead knights start running back to their initial point even though there’s archers left.

Melee units intentionally stacking up behind one another to create a long line so only 1 can actually engage a target while the enemy runs away. Effectively making fast units almost pointless.

I mean yeah im spoiled because I mainly play company of heroes which probably has the most intelligent unit pathing of any strategy game(yes sometimes vehicles go full retard) … But i mean even starcraft pathing was about 15 times better than this. Zealots and lings have their bad days, but the engine can resolve 40+ melee units trying to engage, and aoe can’t even resolve 5, never mind 10 to 20…

6 Likes

It would be nice if melee units attempted to move to attack where the enemy unit will be rather than where it is when more than a tile away

2 Likes

Oh definitely. But there’s a bunch of things the engine doesn’t do. It would be great if a melee unit (when chasing a group and blocked by an ally) would then choose to move AROUND that ally to reach another target if needed (which is what starcraft does)

2 Likes

All they’d need is a variation of ballistics
They themselves are the projectiles, in this case.

2 Likes

Add to that the anti bumping they keep attempting to do for villagers to melee units and that may help, thinking of enemy units as resources.

1 Like

Knights need to be able to run into xbows again. Archers are too strong now… But most hilarious thing is that those who say "Knights cant run into xbows, its unrealistic, they have a hitbox "are the first one to say “Yeah 40 Archer stacking on one tile is totally fine”

6 Likes

Anniversary patch broke pathing again, xbow are strong as they were 6 months ago, the most practical unit in game, i haven’t seen knights beating xbow since last patch.

3 Likes

Thanks, I felt it and now I am confirming it. The patrolling is not working well

1 Like