United States Overnerfed

For reference, a prominent treaty player Jagerchere published the following earlier today:

After the recent patch (Big First Seasonal Patch) the tier list for treaty has changed:

Team Games Tier List:
Tier S+: Ethiopia (no nats) & Mexico (wood trade boom + Yucatan wood trade booming + Mine Booming) & Germany
Tier S: Spain & France & China (no nats) & Hausa (no nats) & Lakota & Haudenosaunee & Sweden (Hybrid Booming) & Japan & Aztecs
Tier 1: Maya & Hausa (nats) & British & Inca & India & Portuguese
Tier 2: Italians (nats) & USA & Ottoman & Russia
Tier 3: Dutch & Mexico (other boomings) & Maltese & Italian (no nats)

1v1 Games Tier List:
Tier S+: Ethiopia & Mexico (wood trade boom + Yucatan wood trade booming + Mine Booming) & Germany
Tier S: Spain & France & Sweden (Hybrid Booming) & Hausa & Haudenosaunee & Lakota & Japan & China & India
Tier 1: British & Inca & Aztecs & Portuguese
Tier 2: USA & Maya & Ottoman & Russia
Tier 3: Dutch & Mexico (other boomings) & Maltese & Italians (edited)

Looks like he uses S+/S/1/2/3; I personally use S/A/B/C/D so USA according to him and others is C tier. If anyone disagrees, here is the discord link, you can come into his discord channel and chat about it!

For now can we agree to roll back some of the nerf?

1. they should get their 15 vill back. First of all, the American super economic upgrade (overtax, large scale farming) are already weaker than everyone else’s (40% vs 50%). This mean their late game eco were already leaning on their over pop but now they have to go Penn + german to even stay competitive. Over pop also mean they field a smaller army as well.
    Patriotism is also weaker than the european equivalent (except on the state milita) -35% regular/Sharp and -25% huss/cabcav train time instead of the usual -40% for all inf and cav.

2. sharpshooter should get the +1 range back. it was perfectly fine before. It was one of the worse light infantry in a direct fight. Especially now with the cree nerf it’s really flimsy.

3. nerf the gatling gun. This is really the one unit that should have been nerf but didn’t. The fact the last patch nerf the sharp but ignore the gatling completely baffle me (to put it in polite term)

2 Likes