Units unbalanced to be fixed: A complete list

I think we all agree according to these last weeks, that this is a common topic that must be fixed…

chinese grenadiers…
bombards…
pro scouts…
you can list any other units here…

Is it just me or why did this not happen in aoe3DE?? I purchased aoe4 with total hope it was gonna be similar or better and this topic is really frustrating… i have tried many civs and im not able to even reach the enemies without being cleared off in 15 minutes… my speciality was treaty mode and I wont get tired of asking them to bring it back… im just playing for the fun of those minutes and because i have spent so much money on this…

1 Like

Professional scouts is not even a unit, its a tech. Maybe put some more effort in your post dude. Also if you check these forums you can clearly see that there is not a lot on which “we all agree”.

4 Likes

thank you for your valuable contribution, it is greatly appreciated

1 Like

People forget what investmen needs for have grenadier…
And bombards OPS? It isnt Stretsi op unit? The HRE infantry? Royal knights? Longbow age 2? Thats not the case. All civs has some uníq things… the op system appears when a CIV has ALot of op things and not disavantagges. (Hello mongols!)
Chinese It isnt op, of course they r strong IV age but they r pretty weak age2. Thats a balance.

I don’t agree with that

pro scouts should be toned down and allow for counter play (like viper suggested) reduce speed when carring carcasses, the tech is only going to get better when they fix chained commands

bombards (like most siege) needs to be slower and more susceptible to melee attacks. but bombards themselves could maybe do with a damage reduction as well, but when springs are buffed (vs siege) they might be a better counter meaning fewer BBC anyway

chinese grens need a stupid amount of res to tech into, but could maybe do with toning down ie make them more accessible but weaker

Aoe3 DE was not a new game; it had years and millions of hours of playtesting to fix balance issues before launch. aoe4 had none of that.

Do you mean to say you lose every game in the first 15 minutes? Or do you mean that you can’t make it across the map in the first 15 minutes?

Also there are no rush custom games in the lobby finder