Unofficial AoE1 patch improvements

Hi,

I noticed that some “unofficial” patch existed for Age of Empires 1 :

It would be interesting to get a look in the improvements/change list to see if it can give some ideas for Age of Empires Definitive Edition.

I know that some other patches exist, feel free to share if you think they are interesting to give ideas for AoE DE.

Thank you !

1 Like

@Danicela said:
Hi,

I noticed that some “unofficial” patch existed for Age of Empires 1 :
http://upatch-hd.weebly.com/

It would be interesting to get a look in the improvements/change list to see if it can give some ideas for Age of Empires Definitive Edition.

I know that some other patches exist, feel free to share if you think they are interesting to give ideas for AoE DE.

Thank you !

Hi, actually it already have been stated that the DE will be based off this patch. Though we don’t know any further details about it.

The creator of this Upatch works for Forgatten Empires and all of the changes are included in DE.

1 Like

Not all things are the same. The AI is different (from what I’ve heard), and that patch allows the player to use an advanced scenario editor, with units that in the Definitive Edition remain hidden.

Yes, the AI is different from the UPatch. AI engine improvements and script updates have been made in the Definitive Edition (even more so in updates post-launch).

The author of the UPatch (aoe_scout) is indeed a colleague of mine at Forgotten Empires. :slight_smile:

6 Likes