Unresponsive UI after finding a ranked match

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.56005.0 7694700
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

While playing some 4v4 yesterday we’ve experienced some players having an unresponsive UI and unable to pick civilization, click ready or perform any action. For that player, at the end of the game, after clicking “yes” on “are you sure you want to quit this game” modal, the game displayed only a black screen, no statistics, no way to exit other than ALT+F4.

I’ve also seen this happen to people playing 1v1 on some stream, unfortunately I don’t remember where, so I cannot clip it.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

It happened 2 times out of 6 games I’ve played yesterday. It has also happened once to someone that was playing with me.

• >= 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

I don’t know how to reproduce… Maybe it is because the game isn’t focused while waiting in queue? :man_shrugging:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Be able to change civilization when match is found.
Be able to click ready.
Be able to talk in team chat.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

2 Likes

I have this issue too. I then need to alt+f4 out of the game, and it gets me a dodge timeout :(.

Just played a game with friends, they all had it too. Honestly, this needs to be fixed quick.

1 Like

I too have had this bug for several games in a row now, it is infuriating! … you find you’re on a water map but can’t change to an appropriate race! Leads to some stupid games where you kind of just have to concede once its ran long enough.

1 Like

Same for me and my friends. One reason it happened I found was, when joining directly from an invitation while still being in the post-game analysis screen.

1 Like

Came to report this too! Whenever I check the civ selection screen and a match is found, it automatically closes the civ screen and i can’t click anything.

1 Like

same for me bros 24 what is going on?

I sometimes face same issue.

Hello everyone, this is luckily already tracked issue, thanks for the report nonetheless.
Have a nice day.