Unwalkable bridges

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

If you create a bridge through triggers it’s not walkable so what’s the point of being able to do it?

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Make a river in scenario editor.
  2. Create a trigger that spawn a bridge on the river under certain conditions.
  3. Test the scenario, units can’t walk upon the bridge.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Maybe it’s intended to work this way but it doesn’t make sense and limits the game’s possibilities… Bridges should be walkable even if added through triggers.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report @SamePorpoise303
I talked with the team about this issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This has been an issue for a while (2021 is when i first saw it and has occured everytime i’ve done it) It may or may not be something that is fixed after reloading the save. You can place some shallows and some invisible walls (cliffs rotated until invisible) and then have a trigger remove the invisible wall once the bridge is built as a temporary fix to this issue.

3 Likes