Upcoming Unique units & buildings stats and tech tree

Maybe. If that does not have any special role, then it will always be - Spam Knight in castle and upgrade them to Cavalier->Paladin in imp. I just wanna see how the charge attack thing works. If it is good, then they have a place in the game. Otherwise we need to consider them having an attack bonus against an armor class that will be best suited for that civ.

Honestly I thought that too but did not share as people may not like the idea of having another trash UU cav.

It has to have some specialty other than just a better version of hussar. We have Magyar Huszar as the only trash UU cav and they are honestly way more common than some of the other UU cav despite having higher cost than a Magyar Hussar. The extra food is worthy since they are not only just a better unit than Hussar but also have a huge attack bonus vs siege which makes them unique.

The point of the Leitis is to represent the Lithuanian cavalry who fought off the Teutonic heavy knights.

Well some people criticize Mongols exactly for this reason 11

According to the screenshot I suppose Burgundy will get champs too, and Sicilian seems to have at least cavalier. Not that it would have been a stretch to guess they would get it, after all even Malay do.
Bulgarian lack hoardings and arrowslits because of their Krepost, so we can imagine Sicilian will lack some defensive technologies too. They could even lack heated shot like Byzantine do.

As of more broad assumptions, I expect Burgundy to have bad archers (and hopefully bad siege too, imagine if they have siege onager/siege ram they can just click the vineyard tech in the late game and not even wait for the food to come back 11)

Sicilians are supposed to be a melting pot of civs, including part Sarracen/Italian so they will have this kind of broad tech tree where you don’t really miss anything but you don’t have a super strong unit that you want to get to if the game goes late.

Another wild guess is that they will have crop rotation because FE only ever made two civs lacking this tech lol

How do you make them different from Franks then? Tatars felt like a weaker version of Huns until latest patch. Now they are pretty strong but still kinda lacks identity (other than perhaps the best SL among 3).

Very good point. Also you are taking 33% less bonus damage. Giving them strong units like Paladin and Arbs can be OP.

Does not matters that much tbh.

Well the civ is bound to be a lot like Franks so there is not much to do about it. Burgundy does seem to be geared toward late-game more than Frank are, and have all these gimmicks to delay trash wars so might have the same bad trash as Franks (or even worse) if they somehow fail to abuse their advantages.

Arbs for them should be fine. Elite skirms deal +4 against archers, so either the bonus rounds down and then Sicilian arb= Viet arb in this matchup, if it rounds up then they take one more hit but without being bulkier agaisnt others untis like Viet ones are.

1 Like

TC bonus can not be applied to starting TC in nomad, and I agree that 100% faster castle build so easily be OP in certain sitaution. It should be changed or reduced.

They should lose bloodline. They receive 33% less bonus damage which is significant for cavarly that resist more attack from halbs. Sicilian FU cavarly can easily be same level of other civs’ paladin, but they are not historically cavarly civ and probably not for gameplay. I think FU arbs are fine because just 1 less bonus damage from skirms and I think they can different enough from Italians.

Overall, I think their gold bonus of huge powerspike can be justified if they have Turks or Celts tier Trash. I think no LC and only Scout for Burgundians are fine if they have access to FU Paladin. It would balance their late game huge gold powerspike that they have only knight line for viable cavarly and Burgundians can become aggressive style Teutons.

So they will feel like Vietnamese archer against skirms while feel like generic vs archer. Maybe not that strong as I feared first. Probably should not have PT then to prevent them having strong CA.

Didn’t think that. Edited.

Sure. In that case I’d love to see them having a bit better skirms than Franks while not having halbs at all.

Surely they have the potential. But having extra MA is way better than having 37 gold back from a dead knight. The point of knight is stay alive and do damage, not getting killed. Still 37 gold for dead Paladin could be OP in late game and maybe an issue in TG.

They probs won’t have HCA at all just like Italian.

2 Likes

To be honest, almost no European civs should even hace Cavalry Archers. They were an extreme rarity in the West, and mostly foreign mercenaries when they did show up.

Europeans used Mounted Crossbowmen, instead.

1 Like

I never heard about that. Could be given to European civs (Except Magyars) instead of regular CA with just a reskinned version or very identical stats.

1 Like

During 100 year war britons used longbowmen on horses when raiding in France.

“German and Scandinavian medieval armies made extensive use of mounted crossbowmen. They would act not only as scouts and skirmishers, but also protect the flanks of the knights and infantry, chasing away enemy light cavalry. When the battle was fully engaged, they would charge at the enemy flank, shoot a single devastating volley at point-blank range and then attack the enemy with swords, without reloading. In some instances, mounted crossbowmen could also reload and fire continuously on horseback if they used specific “weaker” crossbows that could be reloaded easily, as mentioned in the 13th-century Norwegian educational text Konungs skuggsjá.[11] The invention of spanning mechanisms such as the goat’s foot lever and the cranequin allowed mounted crossbowmen to reload and fire heavy crossbows on horseback.[12][13]

1 Like

No, they used shortbows. Longbows cannot be used on horseback, unless the horse is not running, which only makes the Archer a bigger target.

Well I did say it was more like raiding or skirmish not battle situation. Here is anyway a video where you can see man using longbow on horse: Mounted Longbow Archer - YouTube

Yeah maybe no keep for Sicilians. Also don’t forget the 100% faster Castle drop. That would be huge defensive (as well as aggressive) bonus.

1 Like

According to the official ai,burgundians has these information:
1.have both paladin and champion.
2. Flemish Militia cost 1000f600g
3. Elite Coustillier cost 1600f800g

Are you allowed to leak this information here?

ok,but i can only find this is correct,others cannot be identified.

#load-if-defined BURGUNDIANS-CIV
(defconst text-civ “I’m playing as the burgundians.”)
(defconst unique-unit-wood 0)
(defconst unique-unit-food 120)
(defconst uu-w-dtc 0)
(defconst number-barracks 7)
(defconst number-stables 7)
(defconst number-archery-ranges 5)
(defconst dm-building stable)
(defconst dm-unit knight-line)
(defconst dmw-unit fire-ship-line)
(defconst default-unit trainknight)
(defconst infinite-rax trainchamp)
(defconst infinite-range trainarcher)
(defconst infinite-stable trainknight)
(defconst pala-available 1)
(defconst champ-available 1)
(defconst ig-food 42)
(defconst ig-wood 34)
(defconst ig-gold 18)
(defconst ig-stone 6)
(defconst uu-food 1700)
(defconst uu-gold 800)
(defconst uu-food2 1600)
(defconst uu-gold2 1000)
(defconst uu-wood 300)
(defconst uu-wood2 0)
(defconst ur-wood 0)
(defconst ur-food 1000)
(defconst ur-gold 600)
(defconst ur-stone 0)
(defconst LN-TC-builders 2)
(defconst uu-type cavalry-uu)
(defconst sling-number 100)
(defconst sling-affinity 2)
(defconst drush-affinity 1)
(defconst r-flush-affinity 2)
(defconst sk-var-affinity 2)
(defconst maa-var-affinity 2)
(defconst krush-affinity 3)
(defconst s-flush-affinity 2)
(defconst castledrop-affinity 1)
(defconst stonewall-affinity 0)
(defconst a-rush-affinity 1)
(defconst ca-rush-affinity 1)
(defconst klew-affinity 0)
(defconst grush-affinity 1)
(defconst fgrush-affinity 2)
(defconst trush-affinity 1)
(defconst fi-affinity 1)
#end-if

if you can find more information,tell me.

This is intriguing. For instance what does “(defconst unique-unit-food 120)” mean? I don’t think it’s the food cost since there is no gold cost afterward. Also there is those two lines: “(defconst pala-available 1) (defconst champ-available 1)” But why does it only mention only those units and no other units that could be given to the civ?

I can’t understand what does this mean? Coustillier stats and part of Burgundian tech tree?

1 Like