Update 50830

I hope it’s Pl-Lit Commonwealth- it’s height fits AoE3 time period perfectly.
Polish Golden Age - Wikipedia

It wouldn’t fit in OG AoE3, but since in 3DE they’ve dropped ‘colonialism’ focus for… reasons, there is a good chance it might come someday.
I’d love to see Italy, but unified Italy (~1860) fits not as well.
BUT… In-game civs are named as ethnic groups, not political entities- British, Inca, Germans, Spanish etc. so no reason to not include ‘Italians’ :slight_smile:

1 Like

there are a couple of other factions from Europe that also makes sense, but that is a debate for another thread :slight_smile:

but seriously Danes (Denmark-Norway) Italians and Poles (Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth) would make for a great DLC.

5 Likes

It is not yet known,but all the ballots point to Morocco (because it is the third civ of the expansion that has historical battle,along with the Hausa and the Ethiopians,but that is not in the multiplayer yet)…its leader would be Ahmad al-Mansur (1549-1603),who defeated Sebastian I of Portugal in the Battle of Three Kings in 1578 (the Moroccan historic battle) and conquered the Songhai empire in 1591…

the Italians were also not unified in the Middle Ages and yet they appear in aoe 2…

Yes,they will possibly arrive in future dlcs,a Middle East dlc with Persia and Oman (with Korea apart) and a European dlc with Italy and Poland (with Denmark apart).

Yes, and it was unclear and inaccurate.
As it often is with the nature of these civilizations. There’s a number or issues that can be said about terminology used in AoE2-4.

But before, when AoE III was mainly about New World and Colonization- Italians had a hard time justifying their existence as a big, main faction. (Ottomans were a huge reason that caused exploration and search for new trade routes to Asia and as a result- considerable efforts from other empires to double down and pivot to the west).

Since colonization of Americas is not the main focus anymore, and civs are named just by vague modern names of their dominant ethnic majority- there are no bumps on the road of their introduction.

Yes,in fact aoe 3 was thought as a spinoff of the saga as an aom focused on the New World,but Microsoft did not want,then in 2006,at the request of people from civs around the world,they decided to move away from the topic of colonization of the New World and looked their eyes towards Asia and that is when AoE 3 is that it went from being an “age of colonial empires” to a true aoe with the launch of tad in 2007…and with the african royals this intensified…

muitoooooooo linnnnnnnnnnnnndo

1 Like

I’m not a fan of water maps but Panama actually looks great to play and it’s very geographically fitting ( but add a little bit more of land :joy: :laughing: :joy: :joy:)!

I would always imagined the route being parallel to the canal(obviously) if this region was ever gonna be made, but now that I look at the map, it wouldn’t make sense. The way it is in this official version is much more balanced!

1 Like

This patch is worth everything for the Aztec nighttime homecity alone! It is so well done.

3 Likes

@dansil92,

Come here so we can give you a digital hug!

2 Likes

I was sure I knew it from somewhere! Congratulations @dansil92 and vividly :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

I’ve played about 12 games since new patch and haven’t had a new map yet :frowning:

1 Like

thanks guys :slight_smile: good to see Panama all polished up

9 Likes

need some winged-hussars for some extra polish.

ill see myself out.

6 Likes

Vividly man. I hope I don’t sound rude but is reworking/making a “gold rush” map to replace Minas Gerais(MG) in your radar?

Again: I’m not trying to be rude 'cause Bahia’s balance and adaptation are great but Alberta’s original design was incomparably more beautiful than the adapted tropical version for MG (and bro I’m Brazilian and I live in Bahia :grin:). I think that if people played Alberta, that map would easily become a favorite one.

If a gold rush map appears and it’s suitable, think about it. You may swap it for MG and Alberta can be used for North America or Asia.

I was wodering, if Aztec got its own warchief skins, how will it work to Haudenosaunnee and Lakota?
They are based on peoples like… Warchief, Wise Woman, Chieftain, Shaman etc

10 new hidden achievements have just been added.

https://steamdb.info/app/933110/history/

7 Likes

hopefully relates to the new faction, but that is a lot of achievements, anyone know how many we got with the US?

1 Like

None.

(20 characters)