Upgrade PC or buy new one for AOE2DE?

I have 32gb, but I do wonder, why would anyone want to play on UHD. I can’t deal with the zoom level being reduced so badly. Maybe it’s not so bad on a desktop or something, but I’m on a laptop. Anyway, just my little comment I wanted to make about how bad the UHD zoom is.

i dont either, I play on 900p because Im OG and I like seeing things up close, thats how I played every other RTS game and also why I dont like supreme commander where u zoom out so far u just see entire map as minimap with dots.

some players play at 4k and I think if they dont have UHD everything is too small. u can try it and see how that works out at different resolution.

UHD zoom is only bad on 1080p, 1440p and above is different story entirely, i’ll argue 4K without UHD pack is unplayable due to how far back it pushes the zoom, but with UHD pack its about right

That would only work for me though if I had 4k, which I don’t. It makes sense that UHD works well for 4k, as that’s what it was built for. The only reason I used (past tense) it was because I needed it for the Rome at War mod, but as of our next update, we’ll support regular graphics, and I can return to zooming out.

1 Like

i was wondering where i saw that name before last few days, nice work on the mod btw, water balance being my favourite bit

Thanks, it proved very contoversial. Have to make a few waves if you want to fix a problem like that though ;).

ye, well aware how some of the most seemingly easy bits prove the most challenging to work throught, did 2 UI tweaks for aoe2 and one i have local only to make resource bar text big enough to read, thats aoe2 part
my actual main work is on aoe3, feel free to take a look

bit of self advertisement but i’m sure you’ll like what i made for 3

i’d say the worst part is when some abstract crash or similar bug goes unnoticed and then inevitably gets found and you need to hotfix it asap to prevent reputation tanking