⚠ IMPORTANT ⚠ Stuck on AoE:DE Build 27674? Upgrade to the latest client! (Windows Store)

I don’t understand what I have to do. I really don’t. And if no one helps me, you’re losing a regular player, not because I don’t want to play, but because I’m stuck to fuc-k-ing unclear instructions.

NO WHERE IN YOUR INSTRUCTIONS DO YOU TALK ABOUT THIS PAGE I’M SEEING AND WHAT BUTTON TO PRESS!!! IF I CLICK THE FIRST BLUE BUTTON, I’M TAKEN TO A PAGE THAT ASK ME TO PAY 5.99$ EVERY THREE MONTHS, WHICH I REFUSE TO PAY. If paying to play is a new thing, I’m retiring.

And what someone here has said :

Blockquote
MY GODDNESS.
I just want to play a game that I bought of them nearly 2 years ago and don’t want to install seperate microsoft tools, get into their update wave scheeme cr…p and force myself to the newest version, only cause the store they are selling it through wants it for no particular reason.

I TOTALLY AGREE. I AM SICK AND TIRED AND I’M ON THE EDGE OF BOYCOTTING MICROSOFT FOR THIS. MY FACE IS BLUE, YOU SEE IT? I DON’T WANT TO INSTALL SEPARATE SHIT APPLICATIONS BECAUSE MICROSOFT CAN’T FIX A F*CK. GET BETTER CODERS DAMNIT.

EDIT : Nevermind, fuck Microsoft Store, I’m going with Steam and re-buying the game. This way I’ll be done forever with Microsoft Store.

1 Like

You guys don’t have to uninstall the current version of AOE DE. But you can if lack of free space. You only need to make sure you are running on Windows 1903 release first and then install all available updates (also in MS Store). After that you can install the new cross play version of AOE DE. Finally it will look like this and both will continue to work except that the old version gets no new updates and is only able to play with users running that version.

In addition to @GMEvangelos suggestion of refreshing the Windows Store cache, can you also check that you do not have any pending Windows Updates?

You may need to check that the Microsoft Gaming extension for Windows Store is also up to date. You can use the following link in an Edge browser to manually update that extension: ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

1 Like

Go to library. I can see from your image that store recognize that you own the game(jeu deja achete). From libary you can download all games you own as @PCS70 picture shows

1 Like

From the link I tried :

1. Troubleshooter just talk about the UAC is disabled.
  2. wsreset thing did nothing.
  3. Log out thing Did nothing
  4. Time thing Did nothing
  5. Couldn’t test it for now because it requires the computer to restart
  6. sfc didn’t find any problem
  7. Windows Update service was off, I run it, but didn’t change anything.

I don’t have any Windows updates pending for the moment.

Both AoE DE new client and Gaming services are stuck, and today, another one is stuck (I think every app from now) :

I think restarting the PC will solve the thing but can’t do it for now. (or if you know any other Store restart procedure to try)

I have some code of PowerShell script that kills all MS store apps. :smile:

You should really link to this post on the game instead of telling people to go to store, there is alot of ppl that don’t understand they actually have to download a new client.

It really sucks that Windows like everybody else wants to promote their own plattforms etc.
Do you start to become like EA?

Game won’t install (had posted it in another thread as well but since this is the generic thread, here:)

I’ve already conducted all possible given solutions in various topics. They simply do not work.

This man: he has a valid point.

1 Like

You can’t compare those money grab games to this.

Does not work on two PC with W10 pro 1803 fully patched. It may be related to admin elevation required as on these PC user / player accounts are not admin.
Hope this helps.

typo: W10 pro 1903

1 Like

1803 or 1903? I had to upgrade to 1903 in order to be able to run the AOE DE open beta (cross play with Steam). As 1803 isn’t supported for long anymore I guess 1809 is minimal release requirement. But I’m happy with Windows 1903 build. So upgrade those systems to 1903 using media creation tool and the new AOE DE should work after that. I can also play the old client.

I have W10 pro 1903 fully patched.

Does the old AOE DE work? Any AOE DE error messages or application event log messages to share?

Old AOE DE works without any problem.
Last error code on store: 0x8000FFFF.
Games services installed after multiple tries and reboots.
Nothing in application event log but informational events: mostly security-SPP.

Xbox Game Bar installed too?

A quick search on that MS store error gives a lot of different causes and solutions.

Tried ever thing to get this game to work, the install works, but every time I go to load the game the cursor gets a spinning wheel then it stops after a few minuets, I have uninstalled, reinstalled, changed drives, given permissions, run the Services fix, run the Powershell fix and scanfix from cmd prompt, I consider myself pretty well versed in how not to get this game to work, any advice at this point…

Store or Steam release of AOE DE?

It does make a difference to troubleshoot.