Uploading mod errors "Only mod files contained AOE files.."

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: latest DLC update
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When uploading the mod, getting errors Uploading mod errors “Only mod files contained AOE mod files are accepted”

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. update the mod with same files from what it was pre DLC patch
  2. get error message in game
  3. unable to uplaod mod

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Mod should update no problem, as files have not changed at all. maybe there is some sort of new restriction added onto mod server? it does not say which files are causing the problem.

@DodoNotDoDo how can we upload the mod now? could you please help us check to see what files are causing the problem preventing us from uploading, thank you. also if you could take this away, that the new mod server download is even slower than november patch yet again, two patch slowing down the download/unpack process, for a mod only 90 MB.

edit: I could only update the AI mod, the UI I tried delete everything except for modded strings and it still wouldn’t update/upload. whats going on?

edit 2: now its saying Inappropriate content detected… this is ONLY happening on these two mods, to the point I can’t even update thumbnail/screenshot.

1 Like

I’m seeing errors related to a Thumbs.db file being included. These can be problematic since Windows can auto generate them.

1 Like

let me check hidden files

edit: thumbs.db in rar file? or the folder? I checked all hidden files theres nothing

alright, on the other computer to update the mod, the folders do contain thumbs.db

I deleted them and try upload again, both the linked mods. now getting unknown error… pls help

1 Like

It was getting flagged as inappropriate content. I think it can tell the image is just text and doesn’t necessarily know it’s not bad so it’s flagging it. I swapped the image with the default one and it published fine. If you want the text, maybe add an image or texture or something behind it and see if that makes a difference.

2 Likes

you’re talking about the thumbnail image that says MBA AI only host need etc etc?

if so, I can use blank image and change it later would resolve this issue? just trying to figure it out for the future so I don’t constantly run into the same problem.

1 Like

Correct, the thumbnail image used.

1 Like