US AI does not use its age up military wagon

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #:100.12.24632.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

The United States AI will never use the military wagon that it gets from aging up to Commerce Age. It will spend wood to build military buildings, but leave the wagon at the TC throughout the whole game. This happens on any map I play.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play against the US AI on hardest.
  2. Let AI advance to commerce age using a state that grants a military wagon
  3. Observe that the AI never uses the wagon, but will build several military buildings completely ignoring that the wagon exists.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The military wagon should be used to build a military building.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Note that the US has built two barracks here, but the military wagon is still unused.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

2 Likes

I was able to reproduce this as well. Attached are two recordings, once in a Treaty and another in Supremacy. In both cases, the United States AI received a Military Wagon, but completely ignored it the entire game.

Treaty - USA Not Using Military Wagon (3.7 MB)
Supremacy - USA Not Using Military Wagon (3.0 MB)

Thanks for letting us know about this, we are now tracking it :relaxed:.

2 Likes

Hi @Ippert,

Thanks for your hard work on the game. We really appreciate it.

I just wanted to let you know that this bug about US not using its military wagons also applies to European civs AI not using their Age 4 Fort Wagon that they get from the Logistician.

This happened in all of the matches I played, in which the European enemy AI used the Logistician to age up.

The game I played yesterday, I encountered a US wagon idle next to the construction base of its building, so the AI must have tried to use it but for some reason it bugged out.

Hi DiplexBoss6, thank you for your kind words. In regards to the bug, in my tests the AIs always used this Fort Wagon. If it happens again could you make a separate bug report for this with attached recorded games? Then we can take a closer look at it again :slight_smile:.